Where Can I Find Open Source Software for Drawing Geometrical Pictures?

In summary, the conversation discusses different programs for drawing geometrical pictures, with the first speaker recommending dia and xfig as open source options. The second speaker is looking for a program specifically for creating pictures for solutions/proofs in Euclidean geometry, and they are suggested to check out the sourceforge webpage for open source options.
Kurret
Are there any good programs for drawing geometrical pictures? I mean that has functions for let's say creating circumcircles, marking centroids/circumcentres/Feuerbachpoints etc

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi there,

I use dia to create flow charts.

I also really enjoy xfig, which allows you to draw vectorial figures.

They are both open source.

Hope this helps.

Ok. What i am looking for is basically a program that can be used to create pictures for solutions/proofs of problems in euclidean geometry. But il check these out, thanks.

Hi there,

Something like adobe creator or something.

If you are looking for open source software, why don't you look at sourceforge web page. They host thousands of opensource software, which many are also compiled for windows.

Related to Where Can I Find Open Source Software for Drawing Geometrical Pictures?

1. What is a geometry drawing environment?

A geometry drawing environment is a digital tool that allows users to create and manipulate geometric shapes. It typically provides a variety of tools and features that enable users to draw, measure, and modify shapes in a precise and accurate manner.

2. What are the benefits of using a geometry drawing environment?

Using a geometry drawing environment can help users develop their spatial and visual thinking skills, as well as their understanding of geometric concepts and principles. It also allows for more precise and efficient creation of geometric figures compared to traditional hand-drawing methods.

3. Can a geometry drawing environment be used for both 2D and 3D drawings?

Yes, most geometry drawing environments have the capability to create both 2D and 3D drawings. They often have specific tools and features for each type of drawing, such as the ability to create 3D shapes or to add depth and perspective to 2D shapes.

4. Is a geometry drawing environment only useful for math-related purposes?

No, a geometry drawing environment can be used for a variety of purposes, including art, design, and engineering. It can also be used as a visual aid in presentations or as a tool for creating diagrams and illustrations in various fields.

5. Are there any free geometry drawing environments available?

Yes, there are many free geometry drawing environments available online, such as GeoGebra, Desmos, and Sketchpad. These tools offer a wide range of features and can be used on various devices, making them accessible to anyone with an internet connection.