What sort of motor is used in the lead retraction device in my vacuum cleaner?

In summary, the vampyr 731i model is an electronic device with a fan motor that is powered by a battery and controlled by a quarter turn rotary on switch. The technical information for this device is not readily available online, but it is known that the fan motor is electrical and the lead retraction device is likely spring-loaded.
Nickmate
The model is a vampyr 731i
electronic
I can't find the technical information online
Howstuffworks.com only gives the information that the fan motor is electrical
What sort of motor is used in the lead retraction device?

Engineering news on Phys.org
Could it just be spring loaded?
You wind up a spring by pulling the power cable out and then release it and it winds back in.

Wouldn't it have to be a spring? It happens when the power cable is unplugged. So how would you power a motor?

It must have a battery in it because it has a quarter turn rotary on switch.

Related to What sort of motor is used in the lead retraction device in my vacuum cleaner?

1. What is the purpose of the lead retraction device in a vacuum cleaner?

The lead retraction device is responsible for winding and unwinding the power cord of the vacuum cleaner. It allows for easy storage and prevents tangling of the cord.

2. What type of motor is typically used in the lead retraction device?

The most common type of motor used in the lead retraction device is a small electric motor, specifically a DC motor. This type of motor is compact, efficient, and can easily be controlled to wind and unwind the cord.

3. How does the motor in the lead retraction device work?

The motor in the lead retraction device uses electrical energy to rotate a shaft, which is connected to a spool that winds and unwinds the power cord. This rotation is controlled by a switch or mechanism that senses when the cord needs to be wound or unwound.

4. Are there any alternative types of motors that can be used in the lead retraction device?

While a small DC motor is the most common type of motor used in the lead retraction device, other types such as stepper motors or servo motors may also be used. These motors offer more precise control, but are typically more expensive and complex to implement.

5. Can the motor in the lead retraction device be repaired or replaced?

In most cases, the motor in the lead retraction device can be repaired or replaced if it malfunctions. However, it is recommended to seek professional help from a technician or electrician to ensure proper installation and safety. It is also important to regularly maintain and clean the motor to prolong its lifespan.