What can rotation values imply on a sphere?

In summary, rotation on a sphere is the circular movement of an object around its own axis. Rotation values on a sphere are typically measured in degrees or radians and can signify the orientation, position, direction, and speed of rotation. These values can also affect the shape of a sphere by causing bulging or flattening and creating patterns or distortions on its surface. However, rotation values alone cannot determine the size of a sphere. Other factors such as the radius or circumference would also need to be known.
matia
Hello,
I have a sphere (actually an image warping a sphere) I know the rotation values,
can I get the sphere radius by these parameters ?

Physics news on Phys.org
What do you mean by "rotation values"?

I have an image projected on a plane tanget to a sphere, I know the camera rotation values over x,y,z... I need the sphere radius inorder to know where the z axis (of the sphere) intersects with the plane (I can assume its (0,0,Z) , x,y =0, but I need Z).
Thanks

Related to What can rotation values imply on a sphere?

1. What is rotation on a sphere?

Rotation on a sphere refers to the circular movement of an object around its own axis, as if it were spinning.

2. How are rotation values measured on a sphere?

Rotation values on a sphere are typically measured in degrees or radians, using a compass or protractor to determine the angle of rotation.

3. What do rotation values signify on a sphere?

Rotation values on a sphere can signify the orientation or position of an object in relation to the sphere's surface, as well as the direction and speed of its rotation.

4. How do rotation values affect the shape of a sphere?

Rotation values can affect the shape of a sphere by causing it to bulge or flatten in certain areas, depending on the direction and speed of rotation. This can also create different patterns or distortions on the sphere's surface.

5. Can rotation values be used to determine the size of a sphere?

No, rotation values alone cannot determine the size of a sphere. Other factors such as the radius or circumference of the sphere would also need to be known in order to determine its size.