TI83plus Programming Help for Hydraulics Exam

In summary: Some popular options include online tutorials and forums, as well as instructional videos on YouTube. Good luck on your exam! In summary, the TI83 calculator does not allow for custom functions to be used with the solver program, so equations will need to be manually entered each time. However, there are resources available to help learn how to use the calculator efficiently.
bfox48
I am a new user of a TI83 calculator and looking for some programming help. I am taking a hydraulics exam next week that is going to require me to solve some fairly complex systems of nonlinear equations. I usually complete these calculations setting up functions in excel and using solver.

Is there a way I can write a function that I can call in the graphing calculator. For example, type...Flow_Area(b,z,y)... then the calclator spits out the answer based on a expression I program based on those variables. Ideally I would like to able able to call these functions from with the solver program that is included in the TI83. If I have to type each full equation in every time I need to solve a system will never finish the test. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Computer science news on Phys.org
Unfortunately, the TI83 does not have the capability to write custom functions that can be used with the solver program. You will need to manually enter the equations into the solver each time you need to solve a system. However, there are many resources available online that can help you learn how to use the calculator efficiently and effectively for your needs.

Related to TI83plus Programming Help for Hydraulics Exam

1. How can I use the TI83plus for hydraulics calculations on an exam?

To use the TI83plus for hydraulics calculations on an exam, you will need to have a basic understanding of the calculator's programming language and how to write and run programs. You will also need to have a thorough understanding of the hydraulics concepts being tested on the exam in order to properly program the calculator to solve the problems. It is recommended to practice writing and running programs before the exam to familiarize yourself with the process.

2. Are there any pre-made programs available for hydraulics calculations on the TI83plus?

Yes, there are many pre-made programs available for hydraulics calculations on the TI83plus. These can be found online or through other students who have created and shared their own programs. However, it is important to note that using pre-made programs may not fully prepare you for the exam and it is still important to have a thorough understanding of the concepts and how to write your own programs.

3. Can I use the TI83plus for hydraulics calculations in place of a traditional calculator on the exam?

It ultimately depends on the rules and regulations set by your instructor or exam proctor. Some may allow the use of a TI83plus for hydraulics calculations, while others may require the use of a traditional calculator. It is important to check with your instructor beforehand to avoid any issues on the day of the exam.

4. Is there a specific method for programming the TI83plus for hydraulics calculations?

There is no specific method for programming the TI83plus for hydraulics calculations, as it will depend on the specific problem being solved. However, it is important to break down the problem into smaller, more manageable parts and use the appropriate commands and functions to solve each part. It is also helpful to comment your code to make it easier to understand and troubleshoot.

5. Can I use the TI83plus for hydraulics calculations on any type of exam or only specific ones?

The TI83plus can be used for hydraulics calculations on any exam that allows the use of a programmable calculator. However, it is always important to check with your instructor beforehand to avoid any issues on the day of the exam. Additionally, it is important to understand the limitations of the calculator and make sure it is capable of solving the specific problems on the exam.