Solving Problems With pdftex & MikTeX: Tips For Presentations

• Thread starter nbo10
  • Start date
In summary, pdftex and MikTeX are software programs used for creating high-quality PDF documents and are ideal for presentations due to their features and compatibility. To solve problems with these programs, regularly updating and checking for conflicts is recommended, along with utilizing online resources and debugging tools. They can also be used for other types of documents, but may have limitations for beginners and certain advanced formatting options.
nbo10
Anyone here get pdftex package to work? I'm using it along with the foils package to make a presentation. pdftex doesn't like the geometry or color options.

Computer science news on Phys.org
Perhaps you meant to use pdflatex.

- Warren

Hi there,

I have not personally used pdftex for presentations, but I have some experience with MikTeX and other typesetting software. From what I understand, pdftex is a typesetting engine that converts LaTeX code into PDF format. It is often used for creating high-quality documents, but it can also be used for presentations.

As for the issue you are experiencing with the geometry and color options, it is possible that pdftex is not recognizing these commands. This could be due to a number of reasons, such as outdated packages or conflicting settings. I would recommend checking the pdftex documentation or reaching out to their support team for assistance.

In the meantime, you may want to consider using an alternative typesetting engine, such as XeTeX or LuaTeX, which have more advanced features and may better support the options you are trying to use. Additionally, you could try using a different presentation package instead of foils, as it may have better compatibility with pdftex.

I hope this helps and good luck with your presentation!

Related to Solving Problems With pdftex & MikTeX: Tips For Presentations

What is pdftex and MikTeX?

Pdftex is a software program used for creating PDF documents, while MikTeX is a distribution of the TeX/LaTeX typesetting system. Together, they allow for the creation and manipulation of high-quality documents for presentations and other purposes.

Why should I use pdftex and MikTeX for presentations?

Pdftex and MikTeX offer a wide range of features and customization options that make them ideal for creating professional-looking presentations. They also have excellent compatibility with other software programs and operating systems, making it easier to share and distribute your presentation.

What are some tips for solving problems with pdftex and MikTeX?

Some helpful tips for solving problems with pdftex and MikTeX include regularly updating the software, checking for conflicting packages, and consulting online resources and forums for troubleshooting advice. It is also important to carefully read error messages and to make use of debugging tools.

Can pdftex and MikTeX be used for other types of documents besides presentations?

Yes, pdftex and MikTeX can be used for a variety of document types, including reports, articles, books, and more. They are particularly well-suited for documents that require complex equations, figures, and tables.

Are there any limitations to using pdftex and MikTeX?

While pdftex and MikTeX offer a wide range of features, there are some limitations to be aware of. For example, they may not be as user-friendly for beginners compared to other software programs. Additionally, certain advanced formatting options may require more technical knowledge to use effectively.