Solving Integrals: Can't Get the Right Answer?

In summary, to find the second attachment, you need to let the first attachment be true and use the equation ((9(f(x) - 2) with the values 10, -9, and 2. However, this method may not always yield the correct answer. Alternatively, you can post your question and accompanying pictures on another platform and share the link here for others to assist you.
sntawkin
If you let the first attatchment be true then to find the second attachment you need to...

There was a first part to this question and I got it right. Now I try the equation and I get the integral from 11 to 9.5 = 10 + -9 + 2. Then f(x) would equal 3. If you enter that into ((9(f(x) -2) then you get 25 but that is wrong. then i tried putting 10, -9 and 2 into the equation and adding them to get 21 but that is wrong as well. I don't know where to go from here.

Attachments

• 1f3d83700ca3a927a62eada02666f51.png
    1f3d83700ca3a927a62eada02666f51.png
    1.4 KB · Views: 492
  • 2.png
    2.png
    926 bytes · Views: 382
Physics news on Phys.org
post it elsewhere and link it here, we can't see any of your pics till they're approved.

Related to Solving Integrals: Can't Get the Right Answer?

1. Why am I having trouble solving integrals?

Solving integrals can be challenging because it requires a good understanding of the fundamental concepts and techniques of integration. It also involves a lot of practice to develop the necessary skills. If you are having trouble, it is important to review the basics and continue practicing.

2. How do I know if I am using the right method to solve an integral?

Choosing the right method to solve an integral can be tricky. You can start by identifying the type of integral you are dealing with (e.g. definite or indefinite, rational or irrational function). Then, you can try using different techniques such as substitution, integration by parts, or partial fractions until you find the one that works best.

3. What are some common mistakes to avoid when solving integrals?

Some common mistakes when solving integrals include forgetting to apply the chain rule, misinterpreting the limits of integration, and making algebraic errors. It is important to double-check your work and be mindful of the steps you are taking to solve the integral.

4. How can I check if my answer to an integral is correct?

You can check your answer by taking the derivative of the result you obtained. If the derivative matches the original function, then your answer is correct. You can also use online integral calculators or ask a classmate or teacher to review your solution.

5. What resources are available to help me with solving integrals?

There are many resources available to help you with solving integrals, such as textbooks, online tutorials and videos, and practice problems. Your teacher or professor may also be able to provide additional resources or assistance. It is also helpful to work with a study group or seek tutoring if you are struggling.