Problem in opening the c drive

• Thread starter transporter84
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Drive
In summary, the problem is that when the user tries to open the C drive, the window appears and says that the drive is unknown. The possible solutions are posted here, including using the autorun.inf option and deleting the virus.
transporter84
hi guys >> please help me if u can

my problem is : when i try to open th C ( local disk ) drive .. the window ( open with )appears>>as the case when u try to open unknown program or software ... please if u can tell me what is the problem and what is the solution .

thank u

Last edited by a moderator:
Computer science news on Phys.org
right click on its icon, see if there's an option in the drop-down menu named 'autorun'. if there is, use the option below it named 'open'. if that dosent work, try and use the 'explore' option. hope that helps you.

thank u gays ... but the problem still found

didnt the method i told you open the c drive?

transporter84 you have been previously warned to stop using the annoying font size and color.

Do not do it again.

Transporter, do you live outside the US/Canada/UK? If so, I understand the spelling, but otherwise, please try, as you may see, one of your typos could be misconstrued and found offensive.

i am so sory

i am so sory everybody
i totally understand the difference between the word guy , and gay ... but really i didn't mean that mistake ...

i was writing in a very fast way ... so forgive me

and for the comment about my font and colour ... actually i didn't see the previuos warnnig

but again iam sorry

LOL, its cool mate.

:smile::smile:

must be a computer virus or something.
I had mine lastime when I open a drive or folder some website appear automatically

It is a virus, there is a method for removing it, which does not require you to enter registry, etc, etc... With two simple steps, you can resolve it.
Maybe it s late to answer this, but i know a way of resolving this, so i ll help.

It seems that your autorun.inf is infected.

First of all you ll have to download flash disinfector program, you migt find it here, copy the link, or just google search "flash disinfector":

http://download-free.programas-grat...programa=17302&download-Flash-Disinfector-1.0

After that update your antivirus with the latest update and then start to scan drive c:
I would recommend avast antivirus free edition.

Once it finds the autorun.inf virus, delete the virus... And stop further virus scanning.

After that, just start the flash disinfector exe program, and it will solve the problem.
It will ask you to insert flash, there is no need for it, just press OK and proceede..

Hope it helps.

thank u very much kenhid , your method is very simple and successful.
problrm is solved >>>> thanks alot

Im glad you solved it, must have been a real pain for you.!.. Greetings.

Related to Problem in opening the c drive

1. Why is my computer unable to open the C drive?

The most common reason for this issue is that the C drive is corrupted or has a damaged file system. This can happen due to a virus or malware infection, sudden power failure, or improper shutdown. It can also occur if the hard drive itself is damaged or malfunctioning.

2. How can I fix the problem of not being able to open the C drive?

To fix this issue, you can try running a full system scan using a trusted antivirus software to remove any potential malware. If that doesn't work, you can try using the built-in Disk Check tool or a third-party disk repair tool to fix any file system errors. If the problem persists, it is best to seek professional help to check for any hardware issues.

3. Can I still access the files on my C drive if I can't open it?

If the issue is only with opening the C drive, you can still access the files by booting your computer in Safe Mode. This will prevent any third-party software from running and potentially causing the issue. From there, you can try to copy the files to an external drive or perform the necessary repairs to the C drive.

4. Is there a way to prevent this problem from happening again?

To prevent this issue from happening again, it is crucial to regularly back up your files and perform regular maintenance on your computer. This includes running antivirus scans, updating your operating system and software, and performing disk cleanups and defragmentation. It is also essential to shut down your computer properly to avoid file system errors.

5. Can I open the C drive without formatting it?

In most cases, you should be able to open the C drive without formatting it. If you are prompted to format the drive, it is best to avoid doing so as it will erase all your files. Instead, try the troubleshooting steps mentioned earlier or seek professional help if needed.