Is My Bipolar Base Emitter Voltage Calculation Accurate?

In summary, the conversation is about someone asking for an evaluation of their work and seeking advice on potential corrections. They also inquire about the correctness of their chosen formulae and method. One person suggests trying a calculation backwards by inserting Vbe results into the original equations, but the other person admits they did not check the entire calculation and recommends this method as a simple way to confirm the result.
falcon555
Hi again dear friends. , hope all are doing well.
Please could some one evaluate my work and advise me in case any correction is required.
Have a good day
Screenshot_2016-10-15-11-40-44.jpg
20161015_113642.jpg
20161015_113525.jpg
20161015_113535.jpg

Engineering news on Phys.org
Screenshot_2016-10-15-11-54-09.jpg

Hi Falcon, did you already try a calculation backwards?
That means: To insert the results for Vbe into the orignal equations?

LvW said:
Hi Falcon, did you already try a calculation backwards?
That means: To insert the results for Vbe into the orignal equations?
No
If you advise me to do that , then I will do it.
What about the formulae and method I have chosen, are they correct?

falcon555 said:
No
If you advise me to do that , then I will do it.
What about the formulae and method I have chosen, are they correct?
I must admit that I did not check the whole calculation (extensive and hard to read).
Therefore my recommendation. I think, such a calculation backwards is a simple method for confirming the result.

Related to Is My Bipolar Base Emitter Voltage Calculation Accurate?

1. What is bipolar base emitter voltage?

Bipolar base emitter voltage refers to the voltage difference between the base and emitter terminals in a bipolar junction transistor. It is a critical parameter that determines the transistor's operation and performance.

2. Why is the base emitter voltage important?

The base emitter voltage is important because it controls the flow of current through the transistor. It also affects the amplification and switching characteristics of the transistor.

3. How is the base emitter voltage calculated?

The base emitter voltage can be calculated by subtracting the emitter voltage from the base voltage. It can also be calculated using the current gain and the collector current of the transistor.

4. What is the typical range of base emitter voltage for a bipolar junction transistor?

The typical range of base emitter voltage for a bipolar junction transistor is between 0.5V to 0.7V for silicon transistors and 0.2V to 0.3V for germanium transistors.

5. How does the base emitter voltage affect the operating point of a transistor?

The base emitter voltage affects the operating point of a transistor by changing the amount of current flowing through the base-emitter junction. This, in turn, affects the collector current and voltage, and thus the overall performance of the transistor.