Describing cosmic particles in mcnp6

• Thread starter zhj2024
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Mcnp6
zhj2024
TL;DR Summary
When I used PAR=-CR of mcnp6 to describe cosmic particles
When I used PAR=-CR of mcnp6 to describe cosmic particles, there was an error:"Expire parameter is too many cases of erg > emax,bad trouble in subroutine startp of mcrun,"Any idea on how to resolve this problem?

Engineering news on Phys.org
So CR is a lot of different particles, the error suggests the energy set is too high for many of them. What energy are you specifying and can you reduce it?

Also is the advanced physics on or off?

Likes zhj2024
Alex A said:
So CR is a lot of different particles, the error suggests the energy set is too high for many of them. What energy are you specifying and can you reduce it?

Also is the advanced physics on or off?
Thanks for your reply! I want to calculate μ, but it's not clear how much to limit the energy to by phys cards, or to limit the energy of other particles. I know that the particles in mcnp have the highest energy limit. Is it possible that the energy of cosmic rays exceeds the limit? Does the manual have the energy limit table for various particles? Also, how do I know if advanced physics is on or off?

I don't know much about simulating cosmic rays. I think it's normally thought of as a fluka problem rather than an mcnp one. Some answers should be in the output file, if you can share that adding .txt to the filename and attaching it to a post would be helpful.

Oh and welcome to physicsforums!

Likes pinball1970