How to Fix SSR Card Error in MCNP Using RSSA File?

• Thread starter TTA
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Mcnp
In summary, the conversation is about a problem related to the SSR card. The person created a large WSSA file and renamed it to RSSA in order to use it for the SSR card. However, when they tried to run the SSR card, they received an error related to the file, and they are looking for suggestions on how to fix it. Another person in the conversation is also facing the same error and is asking for help.
TTA
Dear all,
I have a problem related to SSR card.
I created a WSSA file (>1GB) from the input file by SSW card. I change the file name to RSSA in order to use for SSR card.
When I run SSR card, I got the the error: bad trouble in subroutine issrc of imcn unexpected eof on file rssa
How to fix the problem?
Any suggestion will be appreciated.
Thank you.

TTA said:
Dear all,
I have a problem related to SSR card.
I created a WSSA file (>1GB) from the input file by SSW card. I change the file name to RSSA in order to use for SSR card.
When I run SSR card, I got the the error: bad trouble in subroutine issrc of imcn unexpected eof on file rssa
How to fix the problem?
Any suggestion will be appreciated.
Thank you.
Dear TTA
I am facing the same error . Did you know how to fix the problem?
Thank s

TTA's last visit was 4 years ago.

Related to How to Fix SSR Card Error in MCNP Using RSSA File?

1. What is an SSR card in MCNP?

An SSR (Source Specification Record) card in MCNP is a type of input card that allows the user to specify the characteristics of a neutron or photon source in the simulation. This can include the energy spectrum, position, direction, and intensity of the source.

2. How do I use an SSR card in MCNP?

To use an SSR card in MCNP, it must be included in the input file before the first surface card. The syntax for the card varies depending on the type of source being specified, so it is important to consult the MCNP documentation for the correct format.

3. Can I use multiple SSR cards in one MCNP problem?

Yes, you can use multiple SSR cards in one MCNP problem. This allows for more complex simulations with multiple sources and source types. However, it is important to ensure that the sources are correctly positioned and that the overall source intensity is appropriate for the problem being studied.

4. What types of sources can be specified with an SSR card in MCNP?

An SSR card in MCNP can be used to specify both neutron and photon sources. For neutron sources, the user can specify a point source, isotropic source, or an angular distribution. For photon sources, the user can specify either a monodirectional beam or an energy spectrum.

5. How does an SSR card affect the results of an MCNP problem?

The SSR card plays a crucial role in determining the source characteristics in an MCNP simulation. The source intensity, energy spectrum, and direction can all have a significant impact on the results of the problem. It is important to carefully select and specify the source parameters to accurately represent the physical system being studied.