Can you talk like a pirate and be a lab wench for a day?

• Thread starter lisab
  • Start date
In summary: Iron Roger Rackham I be.Arrrrrrr! I'm bumpin' this herrrre thread, mateys.Our stun'sl bones is carried away, what care we for that sound? A living gale is after us. Thank god we're homeward bound.
lisab
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Ahoy me beauties, today is http://www.talklikeapirate.com/piratehome.html" !

Arr...I'm a lab wench for a day!

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
lisab said:
Ahoy me beauties, today is http://www.talklikeapirate.com/piratehome.html" !

Arr...I'm a lab wench for a day!

Well plunder me booty, don't go breakin' tha china an dentn' tha tankards then lassie.

Is it that time again?

I moved $5 billion from the Lehman account into the slush fund, and then from the slush fund into the AIG account. I was careful not to leave a paper trail. Then from the AIG account into my personal slush fund and from there into a numbered Swiss bank account. I'm pretty sure that it can't be traced.

jimmysnyder said:
Is it that time again?

I moved $5 billion from the Lehman account into the slush fund, and then from the slush fund into the AIG account. I was careful not to leave a paper trail. Then from the AIG account into my personal slush fund and from there into a numbered Swiss bank account. I'm pretty sure that it can't be traced.

OK, I took a good minute to get that...!

Who decides this stuff? International/national x day? I want in on this. I've got plenty of ideas for national x days.

OAQfirst said:
Who decides this stuff? International/national x day? I want in on this. I've got plenty of ideas for national x days.

Like International Make Me Unbelievably Rich Day?

ARRH! Ahoy Mateys!

Anyone thar seen me parrot?

Aarrrrrh, aye, I seen it 'n' yer parrrot 'twas a mightee fine meal for me 'n' me ladzzz!

Is this blasted thread ARRRRR rated?

Ahoy Mateys! Prepare ter be boarded! Hoist the mains'l and have a swig of rum! Yo ho ho!

Yarrrrrrrhh!

I be J scuttle gunner, 7 ships i sailed on and 7 ships i sunk, ooaaaagh

Arrrrrrr, Wolram, it be the twentieth day of Septimberr in thar time zone. Yer piratin' days are over!

Redbelly98 said:
Arrrrrrr, Wolram, it be the twentieth day of September in thar time zone. Yer piratin' days are over!

...'til next yeaaarrrrrr!

Uh, ok..I'm leaving

lisab said:
...'til next yeaaarrrrrr!

Arrrrr, yer right, and Wolram will be gettin' a head starrrt 'n us then.

binzing said:
Uh, ok..I'm leaving

I don't think puns are funny until you're about 40. Then you find yourself laughing at jokes that your parents would find funny...

...it's frightful scary, me lad...arrrrr! You midddlin' scallywag has many a yeeear to go, thar!

I'm afraid not. I've been indoctrinated in puns since the beginning. They are all bad.

Discover your pirate names here:

http://www.piratequiz.com/"

Your pirate name is:
Calico Davy Flint

Often indecisive, you can't even choose a favorite color. You're apt to follow wherever the wind blows you, just like Calico Jack Rackham, your namesake. Like the rock flint, you're hard and sharp. But, also like flint, you're easily chipped, and sparky. Arr!
Oops, oh and, Arrrrgh!

binzing said:
I'm afraid not.

Ever hear the one about the piece of string that tried to disguise himself by tying himself into a bow and ruffling out his ends?

A pirate walks into a bar with a ships wheel attached to the front o' his trousers. The bartender asks, "What the hell is that ships wheel for?" The pirate says, "Arrrr, I don't know, but it's drivin' me nuts!"

(From http://www.talklikeapirate.com/faq.html )

Redbelly98 said:
A pirate walks into a bar with a ships wheel attached to the front o' his trousers. The bartender asks, "What the hell is that ships wheel for?" The pirate says, "Arrrr, I don't know, but it's drivin' me nuts!"

(From http://www.talklikeapirate.com/faq.html )

:smile:

Black Tom Flint

Like anyone confronted with the harshness of robbery on the high seas, you can be pessimistic at times. Like the rock flint, you're hard and sharp. But, also like flint, you're easily chipped, and sparky. Arr!

Artman said:
Discover your pirate names here:

http://www.piratequiz.com/"

Oops, oh and, Arrrrgh!

Iron Roger Rackham I be.

Arrrrrrr! I'm bumpin' this herrrre thread, mateys.

Our stun'sl bones is carried away, what care we for that sound? A living gale is after us. Thank god we're homeward bound.

(OK, its a whaling song, but close enough!)

aww.. It's like a year and I still remember this thread :smile:

A year all ready, nothing much has changed just more rust on me row locks.

wolram said:
A year all ready, nothing much has changed just more rust on me row locks.
And a few more barnacles on me hull.

Arrrr! So I see you be startin' the festivities this year with narry a thought as to crack yer flasks on me slumberin' noggin. Neptune hisself couldn't flounder me pirate heart on this fine day! Y'all have to do better than that to beach this salty dog. We've got ourselves some piratin' to do, so let's get tankered and hoist the jib and cast off in search of fame and fortune on this jolly roger day. This year we be searchin' for Captain Wooly's old pins, and by the fleas on my hairy hide we'll find 'em or I'll have you bilge rats shackled to the ferrymasters stern.

A vast behind

rootX said:
aww..
Ye misspelled arrr!

It's like a year and I still remember this thread :smile:
What be this strange-soundin' speech I'm hearin' from ya?

Now, this be one way of raising the dead (necroposting) that I harrrrtily approve! Arrrh...

Last edited: