Blue Screen with any kind of voicechat/HP Pavilion

• Thread starter Dragono
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Screen
In summary: Also when she runs software programms on fullscreen the blue screen will come up.She updated all of her drivers so far, Is there also a mic driver? Didn't know you had drivers for them but I'll ask her! Anyhow, we will take a closer look into her mic driver and such.
Dragono
Dear all,

I know there has been made a lot of posts about people having a BSOD problem but I cannot find the solution how to fix my friends problem, so my apologizes to make another post.

My friend has a HP Pavilion notebook - windows vista - video card Nvida.

Everytime as soon uses voice chat on MSN, SKype or World of Warcraft ingame voice chat, it crashes as soon there is made a connection, some seconds after the Blue screen of death follows up and 1 second after that it will automaticly restart the computer (which makes her unable to see what kind of error has been given).

The weird thing is, aslong she keeps her voicechat output turned off (so she isn't able to speak, just can hear my voice) than everything is fine.

Also when she runs software programms on fullscreen the blue screen will come up.

She updated all of her drivers so far,

Is there any other people with the same problem?
And/or does anyone know what my friend could try more?

Any suggestions or advice will be more than welcome.
Thank you ever so kindly for reading.

Kind regards,
Danny

Last edited:
Computer science news on Phys.org
Sounds like a problem with the mic. Is it a built in mic or attached one? Can you check the device manager and see if anything has a problem. If possible borrow another mic of some sort and disable the current one and then see if it still happens. Try updating the mic drivers, and if they are up to date, try just finding any other version of them. Also when did the problem start?

She never used a mic before, until she started to play the game World of Warcraft.
But programms like MSN, SKYPE, Ventrilo, Teamspeak or ingame voice chat, whenever she enables her own voice ability she gets the blue screen as soon she's making sound through her mic.

So when it actually happend, I don't know.

Its a extern mic, and she installed the soundcard drivers.
Is there also a mic driver? Didn't know you had drivers for them but I'll ask her!

Altho, how about using fullscreen and the blue screen will pop up, that has nothng to do with the mic driver/settings right?

Anyhow, we will take a closer look into her mic driver and such.
Thank you very kindly for your advice! :)

Danny~

I missed the crashing on fullscreen part the first time through. That is odd. Also I noticed you said that it doesn't crash until she actually starts making sound into the mic. Could you give some more details there? Does it ever crash say if you enable sound but don't even have the mic connected.

For some reason I was thinking more along the lines of a usb connected mic. I'm guessing you are talking about a normal mic connected to the mic input of the sound card now. In this case it sounds more like a sound card driver problem. If you could test with a different sound card that would be helpful (particularly if the fullscreen crash still happens). If you can't get another sound card you could just remove the current one, and try it with none. If you don't want to open it you could also try just disabling it in the device manager.

Is this a PC or laptop? What kind of sound card? Does it still happen with sound card removed/disabled? Does the sound card work with different drivers (perhaps the default Windows ones)?

Dragono said:
Dear all,

I know there has been made a lot of posts about people having a BSOD problem but I cannot find the solution how to fix my friends problem, so my apologizes to make another post.

My friend has a HP Pavilion notebook - windows vista - video card Nvida.

Everytime as soon uses voice chat on MSN, SKype or World of Warcraft ingame voice chat, it crashes as soon there is made a connection, some seconds after the Blue screen of death follows up and 1 second after that it will automaticly restart the computer (which makes her unable to see what kind of error has been given).

The weird thing is, aslong she keeps her voicechat output turned off (so she isn't able to speak, just can hear my voice) than everything is fine.

It's a bug with one of the 3rd party driver's related to audio or the mic.

Related to Blue Screen with any kind of voicechat/HP Pavilion

1. Why am I getting a blue screen when using any kind of voice chat on my HP Pavilion?

This could be caused by a variety of factors, such as outdated drivers, hardware conflicts, or software issues. It is important to troubleshoot and identify the specific cause in order to find a solution.

2. How do I troubleshoot and fix the blue screen issue on my HP Pavilion?

The first step is to check for any updates for your computer's drivers, especially the audio and network drivers. You can also try running a scan for any malware or viruses that may be causing the issue. If the problem persists, you may need to seek assistance from a professional technician.

3. Is this a common issue with HP Pavilion computers?

Blue screens can occur on any computer, regardless of the brand. However, there may be specific hardware or software configurations on HP Pavilion computers that can contribute to this issue.

4. Can using a different voice chat program prevent the blue screen from occurring?

It is possible that using a different voice chat program may help, as it could be a compatibility issue between the program and your computer's hardware or software. However, it is important to properly troubleshoot and address the root cause of the blue screen issue.

5. How can I prevent the blue screen from happening in the future?

Regularly updating your computer's drivers and software, running malware scans, and avoiding any potential hardware or software conflicts can help prevent blue screen issues. It is also important to properly shut down your computer and avoid sudden power outages while using voice chat programs.