Abit KV7-V athlon XP compatibility

• Thread starter Chronos
  • Start date
In summary, the Abit KV7-V motherboard is compatible with Athlon XP processors and supports Socket A (also known as Socket 462). It has a maximum RAM capacity of 3GB and supports DDR SDRAM with a speed of 266 MHz or 333 MHz. However, it does not support dual-channel memory and does not have onboard graphics. A separate graphics card is necessary for displaying graphics on the computer.
Chronos
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I purchased what appears to be an unfortunate mb/cpu combo - an athlon XP 2900 and abit KV7-V. The thing crashes [blank screen, no beeps] before windows 98 can load. Am using 400 watt power supply and pc3200 memory- both new and not junk. Suggestions?

Computer science news on Phys.org
Well, I solved the problem on my own. I bought this marriage made in hell combo from Tiger Direct. I advise you not to repeat my error. The KV7 board probably works just fine with a Semperon processor. I assure you it sucks with an Athlon XP cpu.

It is unfortunate that you are experiencing compatibility issues with your motherboard and CPU. It is possible that the Abit KV7-V may not be compatible with the Athlon XP 2900, as it is an older motherboard and may not support newer processors.

One suggestion would be to check for any BIOS updates for the motherboard that may add support for your CPU. You can also try adjusting the BIOS settings, such as disabling any overclocking or adjusting the memory timings.

If these steps do not work, it may be necessary to upgrade to a newer motherboard that is compatible with your CPU. I recommend doing some research and checking compatibility before making any purchases in the future to avoid compatibility issues.

Related to Abit KV7-V athlon XP compatibility

1. Is the Abit KV7-V compatible with Athlon XP processors?

Yes, the Abit KV7-V motherboard is compatible with Athlon XP processors. It supports processors with a front side bus speed of up to 400 MHz.

2. What socket type does the Abit KV7-V support?

The Abit KV7-V supports Socket A (also known as Socket 462) processors, which includes Athlon XP processors.

3. What is the maximum RAM capacity for the Abit KV7-V?

The Abit KV7-V has a maximum RAM capacity of 3GB. It supports DDR SDRAM with a speed of 266 MHz or 333 MHz.

4. Can I use dual-channel memory with the Abit KV7-V?

No, the Abit KV7-V does not support dual-channel memory. It only has two memory slots, which can only be used in single-channel mode.

5. Does the Abit KV7-V have onboard graphics?

No, the Abit KV7-V does not have onboard graphics. It has an AGP slot for a graphics card, which is necessary for displaying graphics on the computer.