Why Does Opera 8 Crash with an Explosive Sound?

• Thread starter maverick280857
  • Start date
In summary, Vivek installed Opera 8 and noticed that whenever he closes the main window, an explosion sound is heard and the confirmation window disappears quickly. He tried reinstalling the program but the issue persisted. He asked for suggestions on how to fix this and AIHi Tenali suggested trying previous versions of Opera or using a different browser like Firefox. Vivek later mentioned that he was able to fix the issue by repairing the program.
maverick280857
HI everyone

I installed Opera 8 a while back. Each time I close the main window, an explosion is heard and the confirmation window (to save the session) appears only for a second and disappears with the explosive sound. I reinstalled the program yet I am facing the same difficulty. If you have any idea about this, please let me know.

Cheers
Vivek

Computer science news on Phys.org
Hmm i never came across this problem. I tried to google for this problem, unfortunately i couldn't find any such problem being stated on net.

I will suggest u to try previous versions of opera (opera 7 maybe) and see if this problem sustains, if yes then the problem is most likely to be some component of windows that opera could be using. Ofcourse this is all speculations and u could save urself a lot of trouble by trying some other browser like firefox or netscape.

-- AI

Hi Tenali

I am a regular user of Firefox but I was experimenting with Opera yesterday. Thanks for your help. I've already repaired it.

Cheers
Vivek

Related to Why Does Opera 8 Crash with an Explosive Sound?

1. How do I troubleshoot issues with Opera 8?

To troubleshoot issues with Opera 8, first check for any updates to the browser. If there are no updates available, try clearing the cache and cookies, as well as disabling any extensions or add-ons. If the issue persists, you can try resetting the browser to its default settings or reinstalling the browser altogether.

2. Why is Opera 8 not loading web pages?

There could be several reasons why Opera 8 is not loading web pages. Some troubleshooting steps to try include checking your internet connection, clearing the cache and cookies, and disabling any extensions or add-ons. You can also try resetting the browser to its default settings or reinstalling it if the issue persists.

3. How do I fix Opera 8 crashes?

To fix Opera 8 crashes, try updating the browser to the latest version, clearing the cache and cookies, and disabling any extensions or add-ons. If the issue persists, you may need to reset the browser to its default settings or reinstall it.

4. How do I change the default search engine in Opera 8?

To change the default search engine in Opera 8, click on the Opera menu, go to Settings, and then select Browser. From there, you can choose your preferred search engine under the Search section.

5. How do I import bookmarks and settings from another browser into Opera 8?

To import bookmarks and settings from another browser into Opera 8, click on the Opera menu, go to Settings, and then select Import and Export. From there, you can choose the browser you want to import from and select which items you want to import into Opera 8.