Why do we have realistic dreams?

• Thread starter bayan
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Dreams
In summary, people who are able to use their brain to predict the future during sleep time are likely doing so because of subconscious activity.
I remember now having had an interesting dream experience.
I dreamt that I was traveling with a theatre troupe. One of the actors that I was friends with and I both had a crush on the same actress. She came up to me and asked me to play Othello with her. I went to look for the board game then realized that there was likely a double entendre of some sort there.
I've never been involved in theatre and have neither seen nor read Othello. I asked an ex of mine who has been involved in theatre if she knew of any theatre slang like "playing Othello". She told me that there is one that generally means someone is playing the jealous lover.
At first I had thought it odd enough that such a thing would crop up in a dream of mine and then even more strange that it turns out to be something from the real world that I have never been exposed to. I've been interested in the idea of the collective unconscious. I'm not saying this was a product of it neccisarily. I just thought it was interesting.

Last edited: