Who Is Mindaugas Piečaitis and What is the CATcerto?

• Thread starter Math Is Hard
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Piano
In summary, the Catcerto is the current project of the lithuanian conductor, composer and artist Mindaugas Piečaitis. The world premiere was performed by Klaipėda Chamber Orchestra in the Klaipėda Concert Hall in Klaipėda (Lithuania) on 5th June, 2009. It gained recognition in the international media, a.o. the BBC, Lithuanian TV, Baltic TV and the First Baltic Chanel (russian). Mindaugas Piečaitis composed and directed the Catcerto for Nora The Piano Cat™ and orchestra, where Nora, the soloist, was brought in via video. The Catcerto is a project that is
Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member

The CATcerto is the current project of the lithuanian conductor, composer and artist Mindaugas Piečaitis. The world premiere was performed by Klaipėda Chamber Orchestra in the Klaipėda Concert Hall in Klaipėda (Lithuania) on 5th June, 2009. It gained recognition in the international media, a.o. the BBC, Lithuanian TV, Baltic TV and the First Baltic Chanel (russian).

Mindaugas Piečaitis composed and directed the Catcerto for Nora The Piano Cat™ and orchestra, where Nora, the soloist, was brought in via video.

http://www.catcerto.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
That is cool, top cat watch out, LOL.

Hi Wollie! Yea, I thought that was some pretty clever composing :)

It's quite cute. Though, I think we should talk to the yellow tabby who walked out on the performance. Clearly he is a critic and was not as impressed by the performance. :biggrin: (If the people filming the cat had kept their piano more clutter-free, the fact that it was a lot of clips spliced together would have been less obvious...the books and other clutter on the piano kept changing. :wink:)

Moonbear said:
It's quite cute. Though, I think we should talk to the yellow tabby who walked out on the performance. Clearly he is a critic and was not as impressed by the performance. :biggrin: (If the people filming the cat had kept their piano more clutter-free, the fact that it was a lot of clips spliced together would have been less obvious...the books and other clutter on the piano kept changing. :wink:)

I sensed just the tiniest bit of jealousy from the other two felines.

That was gorgeous!

and hi Wolram!

Math Is Hard said:
That's great! :biggrin:

Smooch those keys. :cool:

My cousin's cat seemed to love running on the keyboard when he jumped off the bookcase. Couldn't have composed much around his free-form scales, though. If he had stayed on the black keys, we might have been able to compose a blues number around his improvisations.

It's great when people roll their faces on things and make art. Hey, cats are people too!

It's cute and very clever composition.

Math Is Hard said:

Aw, that made my heart feel happy. I especially liked how much the cat appeared to enjoy rubbing his face on the keys.

Related to Who Is Mindaugas Piečaitis and What is the CATcerto?

1. Who is Nora the Piano Cat?

Nora is a famous cat known for her musical abilities. She gained popularity through her viral videos of playing the piano and has since performed in concerts around the world.

2. How did Nora learn to play the piano?

Nora's owners, Betsy and Burnell, noticed her interest in music when she was just a kitten. They began teaching her basic piano skills and she quickly picked up on it. They also credit Nora's natural talent and love for music.

3. What type of music does Nora play?

Nora is known for playing classical music, specifically pieces by composers such as Mozart and Beethoven. However, she has also been known to improvise and play her own unique compositions.

4. Does Nora only play the piano?

While the piano is Nora's main instrument, she is also skilled in playing other musical instruments such as the guitar, accordion, and drums. She often incorporates these instruments into her concerts.

5. Where can I see Nora perform in concert?

Nora has performed in various concerts and events around the world, including the San Francisco International Film Festival and the American Music Awards. You can check her official website or social media pages for upcoming concert dates and locations.

Back