Which angle is bigger: alpha or beta

In summary, the given equation Vf^2 (sin^2 β) = (V2f^2 – 0.75V0) (sin^2 α) only allows for determining which angle has a larger value for the sine of the angle. Without a range for alpha and beta, it is not possible to determine which angle is bigger. Additionally, without any given values for velocities, it is purely theoretical.
thenewbosco
OK i have this equation:

Vf^2 (sin^2 β) = (V2f^2 – 0.75V0) (sin^2 α)

and i need to know which angle is bigger: alpha or beta

i think its simple but can people give me some answers here?

Physics news on Phys.org
Is there a range for alpha and beta?

The only thing you can tell from your equation is which angle has a larger value for the sine of the angle. With no range, that won't tell you which angle is bigger. For example, the sine of 60 degrees is larger than the sine of 150 degrees.

As to which angle has the larger value for sine, just look at your velocity. Which is bigger? vf^2 or vf^2-.75v0. In spite of these being different values, both sides of the equation are equal.

alpha and beta are in [0 , pi/2] is my assumption.

I am not given any values for the velocities. it is purely theory.

Related to Which angle is bigger: alpha or beta

1. What is the definition of an angle?

An angle is a geometric figure formed by two rays or lines that share a common endpoint called the vertex.

2. How do you measure the size of an angle?

The size of an angle is measured in degrees using a protractor or a compass. One full rotation of a circle is equal to 360 degrees.

3. Can two angles have the same size?

Yes, two angles can have the same size. This is called a congruent angle and they have the same measure.

4. What is the difference between alpha and beta angles?

Alpha and beta angles are just names given to two angles. There is no inherent difference between them. The size of the angle is what determines which one is bigger.

5. How do you determine which angle is bigger: alpha or beta?

To determine which angle is bigger, you can compare their sizes by using a protractor or by subtracting their measures. The angle with the greater measure is the bigger angle.