Where should I post my geodesics question: GR or differential geometry?

• Thread starter physlosopher
  • Start date
In summary, the best place to post a geodesics question would be either in the GR (General Relativity) or differential geometry forums. Both of these communities have a deep understanding of the topic and can provide valuable insights and solutions to your question. It is recommended to carefully consider the specific nature of your question and post it in the forum that aligns most closely with it.
physlosopher
Hi all,

I'm new here, but stumbled on Physics Forums many times during undergrad, usually in desperate search of homework help during fits of "I'm never going to survive this degree." I've been studying on my own to prep for a PhD, but having no one to bounce questions off of is tough and I figured it might be time to become a member myself.

Quick question, can anyone advise whether a question about geodesics would find a better home in the GR forum or the differential geometry one?

Thanks!

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
I think in the Differential Geometry especially if you were focusing on the math defining it.

If on the other hand, you wanted to discuss a thought experiment of moving along a geodesic in a physical system like near a black hole then GR would be better.

Likes physlosopher