Where can I find some small particle materials?

In summary: In summary, the conversation is about someone looking for small particle material, specifically a box and sphere shape with diameters ranging from 20-100 μm, made of a material with a modulus of over 20 GPa and must be homogeneous. The person is asking for recommendations on companies that can produce these samples at a reasonable price. Some suggestions were given such as using wood for the box, but it was determined that wood is not suitable due to its lack of homogeneity. Finally, the conversation concludes with a recommendation for a company called Cospheric that specializes in producing spheres of various sizes, including micron-size.
Galbi
?temp_hash=2df1fa3ee06dfce50c05ff7591838b5a.jpg

Hello,

I'm looking for small particle material.

Please see a picture above. The left one is box shape and the other one is sphere shape.

But the diameter of the sphere is very small like something around 20~100 μm.

Both are made of same material of which modulus is over 20 GPa and both are homogeneous.

Where can I ask to make these samples? Can you introduce me a company ?

I hope the price of material is not much high.

Thank you very much, always.

Attachments

• Picture1.jpg
    Picture1.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 454
Last edited:
Engineering news on Phys.org
There are many companies that produce whatever shape you want for a large range of materials. Google will show you more than you can ever contact, I don't want to promote specific ones here.

How precise does the box have to be? If the tolerance is large, use wood and a saw. I guess some objects sold on online markets have those dimensions, too.

I moved the thread as it has nothing to do with high-energy physics.

Could you tell me at least the search words?

It's hard for me to find the company in US.

I think wood is not proper material because it is not homogeneous.

I'm sorry about misplacing this thread on wrong section :)

Galbi said:
Both are made of same material of which modulus is over 20 GPa and both are homogeneous.

Can you say anything about the application? What properties do you want the material to have? Conducting, non-conducting (think static electricity "cling" issues), density range? The more info you can provide, the better we can help guide you. :smile:

Galbi said:
I think wood is not proper material because it is not homogeneous.
There were absolutely no specifications given in the original post.

Anyway, the block is easy:
For an aluminium block with those dimensions, shipping is probably more expensive than the actual aluminium block. For the spheres, it is hard to tell without specifications.

Search terms might include "semi-finished products", "buy aluminium", "buy steel", ...

You could try a web search for micro-beads, but most of these are glass or plastic, and I'm not sure how spherical these are, or how small they can be.

Thanks!

A company called Cospheric makes spheres in a large range of diameters, including micron-size. They might have something that works for you.

http://www.cospheric.com/

Related to Where can I find some small particle materials?

1. Where can I find small particle materials in nature?

Small particle materials can be found in various natural sources such as soil, rocks, sand, and dust. They can also be found in living organisms such as plants and animals.

2. Where can I purchase small particle materials for scientific research?

Small particle materials can be purchased from scientific supply companies, online retailers, or specialty stores. It is important to ensure that the materials are of high quality and suitable for your specific research purposes.

3. Are there any specialized facilities or institutions that offer access to small particle materials?

Yes, there are specialized facilities and institutions that provide access to small particle materials for scientific research. These include universities, government research labs, and private research institutions.

4. Can I create my own small particle materials for research purposes?

Yes, it is possible to create your own small particle materials through various methods such as grinding, crushing, or atomization. However, this may require specialized equipment and knowledge on handling and manipulating small particles.

5. How do I determine the size and characteristics of small particle materials?

The size and characteristics of small particle materials can be determined through various techniques such as microscopy, particle size analysis, and surface area analysis. These methods allow for precise measurements and characterization of the particles.