Where Can I Find Comprehensive Books for Conic Section?

In summary, conic sections are shapes that can be formed by intersecting a plane with a cone, and books for conic sections refer to textbooks or study materials that cover the mathematical concepts and properties of these shapes. These books typically cover topics such as the definition and equations of conic sections, properties and characteristics of each shape, and applications in real-world scenarios. Some recommended books for learning about conic sections include "Calculus: Early Transcendentals" by James Stewart, "Precalculus" by Michael Sullivan, and "Analytic Geometry" by Gordon Fuller and Dalton Tarwater. These books can be used for self-study, and to make the most out of them, it is important to actively engage with the material
khil_phys
Can anyone please suggest me good texts for conic section, which contain both good theoretical explanation and problems?

Physics news on Phys.org
start here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conic_section

and also google "conic section" , you will get lot of links ...for the problems , google
"conic section problems"

google makes life easier, doesn't it ?

[tex]\smile[/tex]

I did, but the wiki page gives only one reference, and I don't know if it's the best or not.

Related to Where Can I Find Comprehensive Books for Conic Section?

1. What are conic sections and how are they related to books?

Conic sections are shapes that can be formed by intersecting a plane with a cone. These shapes include circles, ellipses, parabolas, and hyperbolas. Books for conic sections refer to textbooks or study materials that cover the mathematical concepts and properties of these shapes.

2. What topics are typically covered in books for conic sections?

Books for conic sections usually cover topics such as the definition and equations of conic sections, properties and characteristics of each shape, and applications of conic sections in real-world scenarios. They may also include exercises and examples for practice.

3. Are there any recommended books for learning about conic sections?

Yes, there are many books available for learning about conic sections. Some popular options include "Calculus: Early Transcendentals" by James Stewart, "Precalculus" by Michael Sullivan, and "Analytic Geometry" by Gordon Fuller and Dalton Tarwater.

4. Can books for conic sections be used for self-study?

Yes, books for conic sections can be used for self-study. They are designed to provide a comprehensive understanding of the concepts and can be used as a reference for practicing problems and reviewing material.

5. How can I make the most out of using a book for conic sections?

To make the most out of using a book for conic sections, it is important to actively engage with the material. This can include taking notes, practicing problems, and seeking additional resources or help if needed. It can also be helpful to break up the material into smaller sections and review regularly rather than trying to learn everything at once.