Where can I find a thermo properties table for r-144a refrigerant?

• Thread starter R_Schuette
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Thermo
In summary, I am looking for information on a refrigerant that I am having a hard time finding any useful data on. I have been looking everywhere, hundreds of websites, countless books, and nothing. Any info would be greatly appreciated.Never seen anything on R-144a...R-143a I have, but not 144a.How about R-134a? I have not heard of either of those.How about R-134a? I have not heard of either of those.
R_Schuette
I have some equipment that uses an older refrigerant that I am having a hard time finding any uselful data on. It is r-144a, and if anyone has any idea as to where I could find a thermo properties table on this stuff, let me know. I've been looking everywhere, hundreds of websites, countless books, and nothing. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Never seen anything on R-144a...R-143a I have, but not 144a.

How about R-134a? I have not heard of either of those.

FredGarvin said:
How about R-134a? I have not heard of either of those.

I have the properties for R-143a and R-134a if you need them.

There's a 143a? Huh. Ya learn something new every day.

Yep. I have a NIST database full of useful information on fluids. NIST used to offer the data on their website, but they sell it now in a nice and tidy little program.

I didn't double check when I posted, I actually need thermo properties on r-141b. Not sure if r-144a even exists. If the equipment used r-134a, this would be a lot easier, you can find those tables everywhere. Still, if anyone can tell me where to look for these tables, I would appreciate it.

R141b - CCl2FCH3 - 1,1-dichloro-1-fluoroethane

CAS#: 1717-00-6
Molar mass: 116.95 lbm/lbmol
Triple point temperature: -154.25 °F
Normal boiling point temperature: 89.69 °F
Critical point temperature: 399.83 °F
Critical point pressure: 610.9 psia
Critical point density: 28.627 lbm/ft³
Gas phase dipole at NBP: 2.014 debye
Acentric factor: 0.2195

Equation of State
Equation type: Helmholtz energy
Limits: -154.25 °F to 440.33 °F, 58015.0 psia, 91.7 lbm/ft³
Lemmon, E.W. and Span, R., "Short Fundamental Equations of State for 20 Industrial Fluids," J. Chem. Eng. Data, 51:785-850, 2006.

The equation has uncertainties of 0.2% in density between 180 and 400 K at pressures to 100 MPa, and 0.5% in density at higher pressures. The uncertainty in density may be higher as temperatures approach 400 K. Vapor pressures are represented with an uncertainty of 0.2% from 270 to 400 K. The uncertainty in speed of sound is 0.01% in the vapor phase and 0.5% in the liquid phase. Heat capacity data are not available to verify the equation of state, however, the uncertainties are estimated to be within 5 %.

Viscosity and Thermal Conductivity
Limits: -154.25 °F to 440.33 °F, 58015.0 psia, 91.7 lbm/ft³
Huber, M.L., Laesecke, A., and Perkins, R.A., "Model for the Viscosity and Thermal Conductivity of Refrigerants, Including a New Correlation for the Viscosity of R134a", Industrial and Engineering Chemistry Research, 42:3163-3178, 2003.

SOURCE: NIST Database

Hope this helps...

Chris

stewartcs said:
Yep. I have a NIST database full of useful information on fluids. NIST used to offer the data on their website, but they sell it now in a nice and tidy little program.

RefProp is a very cool program. making your own thermodynamic tables is so very nice.

That being said, NIST does have a very large amount of fluid properties available online for free (including R-141b):

http://webbook.nist.gov/chemistry/fluid/

I knew they used to have that web database, I had lost the link though since I had the program.

Good to know they still offer it for free! RefProp has a lot more functionality than the web database though.

Hi ( R_Schuette )
I was searching for anything to re-charge my R-12 So I found Something Maybe It Will Be More Useful For Your Issue And

otherwise it helps me to re-charge my R-12 Following Link
http://www.rizkbrothers.com/Arabic/products.php?tn=cHJvX3Byb2R1Y3Rz&for=MzE%3D&main=0&sub=0&pro=31&lan=Ar

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for this great topic
And you will find more information on this subject

On this link
"[URL
R-141b refrigerant[/URL]

Thank you over again

Last edited by a moderator:

Related to Where can I find a thermo properties table for r-144a refrigerant?

1. What is r-144a and why are Thermo Tables important for it?

R-144a is a hydrofluorocarbon (HFC) refrigerant commonly used in air conditioning and refrigeration systems. Thermo Tables are important for r-144a because they provide thermodynamic properties such as temperature, pressure, and density that are crucial for designing and operating these systems efficiently.

2. How are Thermo Tables for r-144a different from other refrigerants?

Thermo Tables for r-144a are specific to this particular refrigerant and cannot be used for other refrigerants. This is because each refrigerant has its own unique thermodynamic properties and behavior, and Thermo Tables are tailored to accurately represent these properties for r-144a.

3. What information can be found in Thermo Tables for r-144a?

Thermo Tables for r-144a typically include properties such as temperature, pressure, density, enthalpy, entropy, and specific heat capacity. They may also include other parameters such as viscosity and thermal conductivity.

4. How are Thermo Tables for r-144a used in practical applications?

Thermo Tables for r-144a are used in a variety of practical applications, including designing and optimizing refrigeration and air conditioning systems, as well as troubleshooting and diagnosing issues with existing systems. They are also used in research and development of new refrigerants and refrigeration technologies.

5. Are Thermo Tables for r-144a readily available and how accurate are they?

Thermo Tables for r-144a can be easily found online or in thermodynamics textbooks. They are generally considered to be highly accurate, as they are based on extensive experimental data and mathematical models that have been refined over many years. However, it is important to use the appropriate tables for the specific conditions and limitations of the system being analyzed.