What would you get your favorite teacher to show your appreciation?

• Thread starter Geekchick
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Teacher
In summary, my math teacher has been extremely helpful over the the last year. She has always been very nice and takes time to answer all my questions, even setting up independent studies for me. I want to get her something nice to show my appreciation, and I am also thinking about writing to the dean to let her know how great she is. However, I don't really know her likes and dislikes much, so it would have to be something general. A commendation to the dean would usually be helpful; ask your parents if that would be appropriate. Alternatively, a gift that is treasured is often one with intrinsic value, like a carving, picture or poem you have put a lot of emotional investment in.
Geekchick
My math teacher has been extremely helpful over the the last year (Currently I'm in my third class with her and I'm taking another over the summer) She has always been very nice and takes time to answer all my questions she even sets up independent studies for me and wrote a letter of recommendation for me. So, I want to get her something nice to show my appreciation, I am also thinking about writing to the dean to let her know how great she is, if that's appropriate I'm not sure. Anyway, what should I get her? I don't really know her likes and dislikes much so it would have to be something general.

Science news on Phys.org
A commendation to the dean would usually be helpful; ask your parents if that would be appropriate. Likewise, a gift that is treasured is often one with intrinsic value, like a carving, picture or poem you have put a lot of emotional investment in.

become something and visit her..

Day I would graduate from university or do some thing awesome, I would go back to my high school and thank all my math teachers :biggrin:
(For some strange reasons, I loved all my math teachers!)

I am thinking about maybe getting this http://www.art.com/products/p10270423-sb-i1366599/vicky-bragomitchell-anniversary.htm?sorig=cat&sorigid=0&ui=6B4102E28602492DA4FBEDBFCB2BBCCF"
I am not sure about getting her art since art is about individual taste...

Last edited by a moderator:
or maybe something like this http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/cubegoodies/8ca5/

I believe she would appreciate a "fractal" more than a "whack-off"!

I'm amenable to being gift-wrapped...

In Calculus class back in high school, every student gave a dollar toward a nice flower bouquet since the teacher was a female. Someone then thought of a clever note to go with it and it went something like "you are an integral part of our lives..." :wink:

Related to What would you get your favorite teacher to show your appreciation?

1. What are some unique gift ideas to show appreciation to my favorite teacher?

Some unique gift ideas to show appreciation to your favorite teacher could include a personalized thank you note, a gift card to their favorite store or restaurant, a plant or flowers, a book that relates to their subject or interests, or a handmade gift such as a mug or painting.

2. Is it necessary to get a gift for my favorite teacher to show my appreciation?

No, it is not necessary to get a gift for your favorite teacher to show your appreciation. A heartfelt thank you or a kind gesture can also go a long way in showing your gratitude for their hard work and dedication.

3. How can I involve other students in showing appreciation to our favorite teacher?

You can involve other students in showing appreciation to your favorite teacher by organizing a class-wide thank you card, creating a video or photo collage of memories with your teacher, or planning a surprise class party or activity to celebrate them.

4. Should I consult with my teacher before getting them a gift?

It is always a good idea to consult with your teacher before getting them a gift. This will ensure that the gift is appropriate and something they will truly appreciate.

5. Can I show my appreciation to my teacher in ways other than gifts?

Yes, there are many ways to show your appreciation to your teacher besides gifts. Some ideas include writing a heartfelt thank you note, volunteering to help with tasks or projects, or simply expressing your gratitude in person through kind words and actions.