What software can monitor CPU and motherboard temperature ?

in summary,to prevent overheating, it can be free-download to check your motherboard stats from majorgeeks.com if your motherboard supports it. if it is a notebook, you should be more concerned about the battery blowing up. for a desktop, you can slide open the case and take a look. bah, just install a liquid nitrogen cooling system in your laptop.
Saint
what?
to prevent overheating.
can it be free-download ?

Computer science news on Phys.org
What type of processor and motherboard do you have? Did you build your own computer or did you buy it from somewhere? If your motherboard supports cpu temperature readings, then you should just be able to go into the bios and see what the temperature is. You can even have the bios beep if the temperature gets to hot. I know my motherboard supports this. Especially if you bought your computer from someone, I wouldn't be too concerned about frying your processor, unless of course your trying to overclock it.

Here is a link anyway that can check your motherboard stats. Again, it will only work if your motherboard supports it:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=311

it is a notebook, sys M650 chipset,
run with P4 2.4GHz.

Well, if it is a notebook, you really don't have anything to worry about. You should be more concerned about the battery blowing up.

not true, labtops get extreamly hot, and i suggest u use the infamous google to find the awenser to your problem, ill also look back through my pc worlds for the thingy on temp reading i found. Try searching for it at Pcworld.com as well.

not true, labtops get extreamly hot, and i suggest u use the infamous google to find the awenser to your problem

Yes, just ask Apple Powerbook users. The 12-inch PB is infamous for getting extremely hot, to the point where your palms get extremely uncomfortable and even start to hurt or really heat up your lap. When it is on a bed, it gets really bad.

Well, if it is a notebook, you really don't have anything to worry about. You should be more concerned about the battery blowing up.

I use an iBook, and there are many problems with the logic board screwing up.

Apple is getting a lawsuit because of so many upset users.

There are lots to worry about with a laptop because unlike a desktop, you can't slide open the case and take a look.

Bah, just install a liquid nitrogen cooling system in your laptop. That will solve all your current problems. Sure you might have some trouble storing the liquid nitrogen, but that is your problem.

Related to What software can monitor CPU and motherboard temperature ?

1. What is the best software to monitor CPU and motherboard temperature?

The best software for monitoring CPU and motherboard temperature depends on personal preference and the specific computer's hardware. Some popular options include HWMonitor, Core Temp, and SpeedFan.

2. Can I monitor CPU and motherboard temperature without downloading additional software?

Yes, many computers come with built-in monitoring software that allows you to check the temperature of your CPU and motherboard. You can usually access this software through your computer's BIOS or by downloading a hardware diagnostics tool from the manufacturer's website.

3. How often should I check my CPU and motherboard temperature?

It is recommended to check your CPU and motherboard temperature at least once a month, or more frequently if you notice performance issues or suspect there may be a problem with your hardware.

4. What is a safe temperature range for my CPU and motherboard?

The safe temperature range for a CPU and motherboard can vary depending on the specific hardware. However, a general rule of thumb is that the CPU should not exceed 85°C (185°F) and the motherboard should not exceed 45°C (113°F).

5. Why is it important to monitor CPU and motherboard temperature?

Monitoring CPU and motherboard temperature is important because it allows you to identify and address potential hardware issues before they become serious problems. High temperatures can lead to decreased performance, hardware damage, and even system failure if left unchecked.