What is the Role of Fluid Mechanics in Petroleum Engineering?

• Thread starter ykh-1992
  • Start date
In summary, fluid mechanics plays a crucial role in petroleum engineering. It involves the study of the behavior and flow of fluids, such as oil and gas, in different environments and under various conditions. This knowledge is essential in designing and optimizing drilling, production, and transportation processes in the oil and gas industry. By understanding the principles of fluid mechanics, petroleum engineers can effectively extract, transport, and refine oil and gas resources to meet the growing energy demands of the world.
ykh-1992
Greetings everyone,

I've always found my questions on google take me to this website. So I thought why not join them?
I'm a petroleum engineer working as a production engineer and I'm mainly interested in fluid mechanics and fluid flow in porous media.
I've already had a wonderful discussion with Mr. Chestermiller and I can see that Physics Forums will be valuable place for insightful discussions.
Hopefully I can be of service to anyone interested in areas of petroleum engineering.Regards,

Likes berkeman and Greg Bernhardt
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF! :smile: