What is the Relationship between Thermodynamic Delta and Change in Enthalpy?

In summary, thermodynamic delta, represented by Δ, is a measure of change in a thermodynamic system. It can be calculated using the formula Δ = final state - initial state and is significant in scientific research as it helps us understand and predict system changes. It can be negative, indicating a loss or decrease in energy, temperature, pressure, or volume, and can be used to optimize processes by analyzing the relationship between thermodynamic properties.
asdf1
if d(G/T)=(-H/T^2)dT

then why can it also equal
d( delta G/T)= -delta H/T^2?

Physics news on Phys.org
unless delta=1 then all those things can't be equal.

matt,I think that's a thermodynamic relationship. So delta G signifies the change in Gibbs energy between the initial and final states
ie, delta G = G_f - G_i

The point I was making was that the question is badly written. We shouldn't have to guess what the symbols mean.

sorry about that!
you're right~
it's a thermodynamics relationship, and I'm confused about why the second equation is right...

Related to What is the Relationship between Thermodynamic Delta and Change in Enthalpy?

1. What is thermodynamic delta?

Thermodynamic delta, also known as Δ, represents a change in a thermodynamic system. It is often used to measure changes in energy, temperature, pressure, or volume.

2. How is thermodynamic delta calculated?

Thermodynamic delta can be calculated using the formula Δ = final state - initial state. For example, to calculate the change in energy, you would use the formula ΔE = Efinal - Einitial.

3. What is the significance of thermodynamic delta in scientific research?

Thermodynamic delta is important in scientific research because it helps us understand and predict how a system will change under different conditions. It also allows us to study the relationship between different thermodynamic properties.

4. Can thermodynamic delta be negative?

Yes, thermodynamic delta can be negative. A negative delta indicates that the system has lost energy, decreased in temperature or pressure, or decreased in volume.

5. How can I use thermodynamic delta to optimize a process?

Thermodynamic delta can be used to optimize a process by analyzing how changes in one thermodynamic property affect another. By understanding these relationships, scientists can make adjustments to a process to maximize efficiency and minimize waste.