What is the force of a jet engine and how can I calculate it?

In summary, the conversation discusses the calculation of force in an equation involving the variables of air, gasoline, exhaust, and plane speed. The speaker suggests finding information on manufacturers' websites or technical specifications to obtain realistic figures for these variables. They also suggest using Wikipedia or Google to gather more information.
Maximilian Popelier
Hi
Does someone know realistic numbers that i can put in this equation so i can calculate the force?
Ty maximilian Popelier

Attachments

• Sans titre.png
    Sans titre.png
    2.9 KB · Views: 383
Physics news on Phys.org
lucht = air
brandstof = gasoline
uitlaat = exhaust

But what is vluigtuig?

plane the speed of the plane

ach Flugzeug ... of course ... should have recognized ...

Likes Maximilian Popelier
So to make it easier to read:
$$ F = m \cdot \frac{d \vec{v}(t)}{dt} = m \cdot \frac{v_2-v_1}{\Delta t}= \dot m v_2 - \dot m v_1=((m_{air}+m_{gas})\cdot v_{exhaust})-m_{air}v_{plane}$$
and you're looking for realistic figures for the various variables? Have you tried to find some information directly on the manufacturers' websites, i.e. RR and GE?

No, should i send a mail?

At least, it might be worth an attempt. However, I thought about looking for some technical specifications of their products. Maybe they are available online. Or on some Wikipedia pages about jet engines. (If you swap between different languages on Wiki, you improve your odds, as these pages aren't 1:1 translations. At least our many different languages here are good for something. :wink:)

Or google "technical data jet engine". Just some ideas.

Likes Maximilian Popelier

Related to What is the force of a jet engine and how can I calculate it?

What is the force of a jet engine?

The force of a jet engine, also known as thrust, is the amount of force that propels an aircraft forward. It is created by the reaction of hot gases being expelled at high speed from the back of the engine.

How is the force of a jet engine measured?

The force of a jet engine is measured in pounds or newtons. This measurement is typically taken at the engine's exhaust nozzle and is determined by factors such as the speed and volume of the exhaust gases.

What factors affect the force of a jet engine?

The force of a jet engine is affected by several factors, including the design and size of the engine, the amount of fuel being burned, and the speed and altitude of the aircraft.

How does the force of a jet engine help an aircraft to fly?

The force of a jet engine is essential for an aircraft to fly. It provides the necessary thrust to overcome the drag and weight of the aircraft and allows it to accelerate and maintain its speed.

How has the force of jet engines changed over time?

The force of jet engines has significantly increased since their invention in the 1930s. Advancements in technology and design have allowed for more powerful and efficient engines, resulting in higher thrust and faster speeds for aircraft.