Web cam with good picture and audio quality

In summary, there are both single and multi cam systems available, including both USB and network versions. It may be helpful to look into security systems for options. However, a low price for a wireless web cam is typically around $200.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Help please, is there such a thing as a wireless web cam that i can just use
with out any mods or additions to my desk top?
I need one with good picture and audio quality, and i need it to work 4yrds
from the desk top.
If there is no such thing can some one recommend a standard one for up to £50?

Computer science news on Phys.org
Yes, there are single and multi cam systems.
I'd have to check again, but I think both USB and network versions are available.
Try looking into security systems, which is where I see most of this kind of stuff.
A low price is probably around $200.

I have this one

wolram said:
Help please, is there such a thing as a wireless web cam that i can just use
with out any mods or additions to my desk top?
I need one with good picture and audio quality, and i need it to work 4yrds
from the desk top.
If there is no such thing can some one recommend a standard one for up to £50?
http://www.lorextechnology.com/"

Last edited by a moderator:

Related to Web cam with good picture and audio quality

1. What are the key factors that determine good picture and audio quality in a web cam?

The key factors that determine good picture and audio quality in a web cam are the resolution and frame rate of the camera, the quality of the microphone and its placement, the lighting in the room, and the internet connection speed.

2. How can I improve the picture and audio quality of my web cam?

To improve the picture and audio quality of your web cam, you can try adjusting the camera settings, upgrading to a higher resolution and frame rate camera, using an external microphone, ensuring proper lighting in the room, and optimizing your internet connection speed.

3. What is the ideal resolution and frame rate for a web cam?

The ideal resolution and frame rate for a web cam depends on your specific needs and usage. For most general video conferencing and streaming purposes, a resolution of 720p and a frame rate of 30 frames per second (fps) is considered good quality. For higher quality recordings or professional use, a resolution of 1080p and a frame rate of 60 fps is recommended.

4. Can I use a web cam with good picture and audio quality on any device?

Yes, as long as the device has a USB port or supports wireless connection, you can use a web cam with good picture and audio quality on a computer, laptop, tablet, or smartphone. However, it is important to check the compatibility of the web cam with your specific device before purchasing.

5. How much should I expect to spend on a web cam with good picture and audio quality?

The price of a web cam with good picture and audio quality can vary depending on the brand, features, and resolution. However, on average, you can expect to spend anywhere from $50 to $150 for a quality web cam. It is important to do research and read reviews to find the best option within your budget.