Want to teach an online class, but where can I do so?

• Thread starter Allen Beers
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Class
In summary, to teach an online class, you typically need a degree in the subject, prior teaching experience or specific certifications may also be required. Being tech-savvy is not necessary, as online platforms offer training and technical support. Whether you need to have your own curriculum depends on the platform. The amount you can earn varies and can be a flat rate or a percentage of course fees. Online learning can be just as effective as traditional classroom learning, but the success also depends on the quality of the instructor and student engagement.
Allen Beers
Hello, I would like to teach physics classes online, but do not know a good website. Can someone help me?

Science news on Phys.org
Thanks. I have tried khan academy but do not know anyone personnaly who would join my classes.

Related to Want to teach an online class, but where can I do so?

1. What qualifications do I need to teach an online class?

In order to teach an online class, you typically need a degree in the subject you wish to teach. Some online platforms may also require prior teaching experience or specific certifications.

2. Can I teach an online class if I am not tech-savvy?

Yes, you can still teach an online class even if you are not very tech-savvy. Many online platforms have user-friendly interfaces and provide training and technical support for instructors.

3. Do I need to have my own curriculum to teach an online class?

It depends on the online platform you choose. Some platforms provide pre-made curriculum for instructors to use, while others allow instructors to create and customize their own curriculum.

4. How much can I earn by teaching an online class?

The amount you can earn by teaching an online class varies depending on the platform, subject, and level of experience. Some platforms offer a flat rate per course, while others pay instructors a percentage of the course fees.

5. Is teaching an online class as effective as teaching in a traditional classroom?

Studies have shown that online learning can be just as effective, if not more effective, than traditional classroom learning. However, the success of an online class also depends on the quality of the instructor and the level of engagement from the students.