Visiting an internet page that is currently down

• Thread starter fluidistic
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Internet
In summary, the individual needs to download a specific PDF file from a website that is currently down for at least a day. They are unsure if Google has a cached version of the page and are asking for advice on how to access it. They mention using the WayBack Machine but state that the file is not available there. Another individual suggests emailing for the PDF or asking someone else who has downloaded it. The individual later updates that the page is back up and they were able to download the file. They express their gratitude and provide additional information about their friends and university being closed during the past few days.
fluidistic
Gold Member
I absolutely need to download the PDF of http://www.famaf.unc.edu.ar/~dfernandez/practico3_2011.pdf . Unfortunately the whole website is down for at least 1 day and I suspect it will be down for the next days. I think google sometimes keeps a caché of internet pages, but I don't know how I can reach it for this page.
Is there a way I can visit the page like it was a few days ago?
Thanking you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Computer science news on Phys.org
I accessed the page on Google's cache, but it wasn't updated with the third practice PDF. (I also couldn't open the earlier PDFs.)

Ok thanks a lot.
Well I guess I'm unlucky.

It's not on the WayBack Machine.

Fluidistic, it looks like the file in question is a problem set for some sort of numerical analysis course...can you try emailing and asking for the PDF, or asking someone else who has downloaded it if they can send you it?

Thank you guys.
The page is up again. So I just downloaded the file.
By the way my 2 friends that take the courses are about 400 km away from me and without their computers and the 2 last days were days where nobody works so my university is closed and no one would answer any email.
I really don't know what solved the problem, but it's amazing.

Related to Visiting an internet page that is currently down

What does it mean when a website is down?

When a website is down, it means that the website is not currently accessible or functioning. This could be due to a variety of reasons such as server issues, maintenance, or high traffic.

Can I still access a website if it is down?

No, if a website is down, it means that the website is currently not accessible. However, you can try accessing the website at a later time to see if it is back up and running.

Why is the website down?

There are many reasons why a website may be down. It could be due to technical issues, server problems, maintenance, or even a high volume of traffic. In some cases, the website may also be down due to a cyber attack or hacking.

How long does it take for a website to be back up?

The amount of time it takes for a website to be back up depends on the reason why it went down. If it is a technical issue, it may be resolved quickly. However, if it is a larger issue such as server problems, it may take longer for the website to be fully functional again.

Is there anything I can do to fix a website that is down?

If a website is down, there is not much you can do as a user to fix it. However, you can try clearing your browser's cache and cookies, refreshing the page, or trying to access the website from a different device. If the website is still down, you may need to wait for the issue to be resolved by the website's owner or hosting provider.