Unintended Car Acceleration: Causes and Recalls Explained

• Thread starter Infiniti_m35
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolved around a person's research on automotive mechanic topics and their question about sudden and unintentional car accelerations, specifically in relation to recent recalls on Toyotas. The conversation also touched on the appropriateness of posting in the "Beyond the Standard Model" forum and the preference for discussing topics that may be easily found through online resources. The person was asked to provide links to what they have already read and what specific information they are seeking clarification on.
Infiniti_m35
I'm doing a little research on automotive mechanic stuffs. Anyways, my question is, why do cars accelerate suddenly? What causes it to accelerate unintentionally? You've seen the recent recalls on Toyotas about the unintentional accelerations. I just want to know more about it. So, tell me what you guys think? Thanks a lot.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Infiniti_m35 said:
I'm doing a little research on automotive mechanic stuffs. Anyways, my question is, why do cars accelerate suddenly? What causes it to accelerate unintentionally? You've seen the recent recalls on Toyotas about the unintentional accelerations. I just want to know more about it. So, tell me what you guys think? Thanks a lot.
You're aware that you've posted this in the "Beyond the Standard Model" forum, correct? Last I checked, Toyotas were well described using conventional mechanics!

Infiniti_m35 said:

Looks like it got moved to a better forum.

Welcome to the PF. Well, we prefer here for you to tell us what you know, instead of asking us to spend lots of time posting all kinds of stuff that you should be able to find on your own. We are happy to answer questions about things that you've read that you don't understand, but we prefer not to spend cycles on things that are easy to find via Google and Wikipedia.org, etc.

So, what links can you show us to things that you've read already? And what exactly do you not understans about info in those links?

Related to Unintended Car Acceleration: Causes and Recalls Explained

1. How do I approach a difficult question?

To approach a difficult question, it is important to first break it down into smaller, more manageable parts. This will help you understand the question better and identify any key information or concepts. Then, try to use any relevant formulas or concepts to solve the question. If you are still struggling, don't be afraid to ask for help from a teacher or peer.

2. What should I do if I don't understand a question?

If you don't understand a question, try reading it again and breaking it down into smaller parts. If you are still having trouble, it's important to ask for clarification. You can ask your teacher or a classmate for help, or do some additional research to better understand the concepts involved in the question.

3. How can I improve my problem-solving skills?

To improve your problem-solving skills, it is important to practice regularly. Try solving different types of problems and challenges, and don't be afraid to make mistakes. When you do encounter a difficult problem, take the time to understand it fully before attempting to solve it. Also, don't be afraid to seek help or collaborate with others to solve problems.

4. What are some common mistakes to avoid when solving a question?

Some common mistakes to avoid when solving a question include rushing through the problem, not fully understanding the question, and not showing your work. It is important to take your time and thoroughly understand the question before attempting to solve it. Additionally, showing your work allows you to review your steps and identify any mistakes you may have made.

5. How can I check if my answer is correct?

To check if your answer is correct, you can use various methods such as double-checking your work, using a calculator or computer program, or asking for a second opinion from a teacher or classmate. It is always important to verify your answer and make sure it makes sense in the context of the question.