"Understanding Random Process X(t) and Its Sample Realizations

In summary: If so, then what implications does this have for the random process?@Ray I was very wrong. If I sketch a sample realization for x(t)=C with C been uniform over [-5,5] I will have for example a realization with a horizontal line in x1(t)=-5 (the y-axis) another realization can be x2(t)=2.5 with a horizontal line in 2.5 from t>=0.
marina87
Problem statement: Define the random process X(t) = C where C is uniform over [-5,5].

a) Sketch a few sample realizations

I need reassurance that if I do a a few sample realizations of this random process they are all going to look the same. They are going to be an horizontal line with x(t) constant equal to 1/5.

I see how this random process is define and it doesn't depend of time. Its a WSS process

Physics news on Phys.org
marina87 said:
Problem statement: Define the random process X(t) = C where C is uniform over [-5,5].

a) Sketch a few sample realizations

I need reassurance that if I do a a few sample realizations of this random process they are all going to look the same. They are going to be an horizontal line with x(t) constant equal to 1/5.

I see how this random process is define and it doesn't depend of time. Its a WSS process

Why would you think that C always comes out equal to 1/5?

Ray Vickson said:
Why would you think that C always comes out equal to 1/5?

Because I understood that C is a random variable with uniform distribution over [-5,5]. The PDF is 1/(5-(-5)). That is 1/10 and not 1/5.

marina87 said:
Because I understood that C is a random variable with uniform distribution over [-5,5]. The PDF is 1/(5-(-5)). That is 1/10 and not 1/5.

Yes, C~U(-5,5). You are saying that C must always come out equal to either 1/5 (or maybe 1/10)! So, you are saying that C can never equal 3, or -2, or 4.5, or any other number in (-5,5). Do you honestly believe that?

Ray Vickson said:
Yes, C~U(-5,5). You are saying that C must always come out equal to either 1/5 (or maybe 1/10)! So, you are saying that C can never equal 3, or -2, or 4.5, or any other number in (-5,5). Do you honestly believe that?

@Ray I was very wrong. If I sketch a sample realization for x(t)=C with C been uniform over [-5,5] I will have for example a realization with a horizontal line in x1(t)=-5 (the y-axis) another realization can be x2(t)=2.5 with a horizontal line in 2.5 from t>=0.

Am I right?

Related to "Understanding Random Process X(t) and Its Sample Realizations

1. What is SEO and why is it important?

SEO stands for search engine optimization and it is the process of optimizing a website to improve its visibility and rank higher in search engine results. It is important because a higher ranking means more traffic to a website, which can lead to increased sales, conversions, and brand awareness.

2. How does SEO work?

SEO works by optimizing various elements of a website such as keywords, content, and backlinks. This helps search engines understand the relevance and authority of a website, which can lead to a higher ranking in search results. Additionally, SEO also involves technical aspects such as website speed and mobile-friendliness.

3. What is the difference between on-page and off-page SEO?

On-page SEO refers to the optimization of elements within a website, such as content, meta tags, and URL structure. Off-page SEO, on the other hand, refers to external factors that can impact a website's ranking, such as backlinks and social media presence.

4. How long does it take to see results from SEO?

The time it takes to see results from SEO can vary depending on various factors such as the competitiveness of the industry and the quality of the SEO efforts. Generally, it can take anywhere from a few weeks to a few months to see significant improvements in search engine rankings.

5. Is SEO a one-time process or an ongoing effort?

SEO is an ongoing process as search engine algorithms are constantly changing and new competitors may enter the market. Regular updates and maintenance are necessary to sustain and improve a website's ranking in search engine results.