Time warps, vortices and other funny business

In summary: This includes things like time warps, votices, and hallucinations. Anything beyond that is considered a fringe theory and is not allowed.
alex.cordero
A few days ago, my wife saw me standing in a place where I was not. This has happened a few times over the last three years and we're not sure what to make of it. I've documented the occurance noting certain details like; time of day, temperature, events, personal stress levels--just anything I can think of. Quite honestly, It's been a fun activity but it's happening so often that I'd like to see if anyone has experienced anything like this. It's hard to ignore. On two occasions, people other than my wife have seen me in one place of the house while I'm in another. I've talked to a few people about this and have been given some interesting opinions. I can't replicate this event.

Only once, about a week ago, did I actually see myself (peripherally) but only for about half a second, it was very quick.

Edit by Ivan - inappropriate references deleted.
Any opinions?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Has it only happened in your house? Are you sure people have not talked to your wife about it before informing you of what they've seen?

On a far-fetched note... Have you had any mold problems in your house? I think certain molds can have psychadelic effects.

maybe there's an abundancy of psychotropic substances somewhere around...

Note that it is not appropriate to discuss fringe or crackpot theories. It is fine to share your experiences, but wild theories intended to explain your experiences are not allowed. The op had been edited.

TubbaBlubba said:
Has it only happened in your house? Are you sure people have not talked to your wife about it before informing you of what they've seen?
Yes, only at my house. And yes, I'm sure because I lived in the house before my wife moved in (long story). My x wife also saw me in one place while I was in another and the two had not spoken. At one point I tried to sell the house. The prospect client looked shocked as I drove up to meet him because he said that he had just seen me through the window. I remember seeing him walking toward the house as though he was going to meet someone but there was nobody there(from my perspective). Needless to say, he lost interest in the house, LOL.

TubbaBlubba said:
On a far-fetched note... Have you had any mold problems in your house? I think certain molds can have psychadelic effects.
Oh! very intersting! Um, yeah--the house is about 100 years old and yeah, we have had a few problems with mold but it's all been outside. However, the house has been gutted once and completely rebuilt from outside in with new drywall, some new lumber and overall, it smells new now. But this is a very interesting direction I have never considered, thanks!

Ivan Seeking said:
Note that it is not appropriate to discuss fringe or crackpot theories. It is fine to share your experiences, but wild theories intended to explain your experiences are not allowed. The op had been edited.

Agreed. But I only posted those bullets because those are questions that I have been asked and simply wanted to answer them before they are asked again.

alex.cordero said:
Agreed. But I only posted those bullets because those are questions that I have been asked and simply wanted to answer them before they are asked again.

There is no scientific basis in this context for ideas like time warps, votices, or obviously for discussion of dopplegangers and the like. Nothing more can be said wrt those ideas.

I could have left the reference to hallucinations.

Ivan Seeking said:
There is no scientific basis in this context for ideas like time warps, votices, or obviously for discussion of dopplegangers and the like. Nothing more can be said wrt those ideas.

I could have left the reference to hallucinations.

Ok... I obviously posted this in the wrong place again. I seem to do that a lot on PF.

alex.cordero said:
Ok... I obviously posted this in the wrong place again. I seem to do that a lot on PF.

:biggrin: Heh, you might want to review the posting guidelines. In S&D, people are free to share personal experiences. And we do discuss exotic claims, but the only potential explanations that may be discussed are those having a basis consistent with known, mainstream science.

Related to Time warps, vortices and other funny business

1. What is a time warp?

A time warp is a theoretical phenomenon in which time can be distorted, causing it to move faster or slower than the normal rate. This can occur due to the effects of gravity, high speeds, or the presence of massive objects.

2. How do vortices affect time?

A vortex is a swirling motion of fluid or energy. In some theories, vortices can create a disturbance in the fabric of space-time, causing time to slow down or speed up.

3. Can time travel be achieved through time warps or vortices?

While the concept of time travel is often associated with time warps and vortices, there is currently no scientific evidence to suggest that time travel is possible. The laws of physics, as we understand them, do not allow for backwards time travel.

4. Are time warps and vortices the same thing?

No, time warps and vortices are not the same thing. A time warp is a distortion of time, while a vortex is a swirling motion of fluid or energy. However, they are often linked together in theories about the nature of space-time.

5. How do scientists study time warps and vortices?

Scientists study time warps and vortices through a combination of mathematical models and observations of cosmic phenomena. They use theories such as general relativity to understand how these phenomena may affect the fabric of space-time and conduct experiments to test these theories.