The question of circular motion in future

In summary, the conversation discussed the use of circular motion in various technologies and applications, such as the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) and cars. The LHC uses circular motion to keep particles in motion, while cars use wheels for movement. The conversation also mentioned that circular motion will continue to be utilized in future technologies and applications.
himhim11
i want to know some applications(idear) about circular motion in future.

Is Large Hadron Collider, LHC about circular motion?

PLZ,HELP

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
First of all, what do you mean by "in the future?"

Second, yes, the LHC uses circular motion, but only because that allows it to let particles spin indefinitely without using up a ridiculous amount of space, I think.

If the LHC is a cyclotron (which I'm pretty sure it is), it uses electric fields to accelerate particles and magnetic fields to keep them moving in a circle. So it uses circular motion, but how it works doesn't really rely on it.

himhim11 said:
i want to know some applications(idear) about circular motion in future.
A wheel in cars?

Your question is way too general to give a useful answer.

Btw.: Protons in the LHC can travel a distance which is equivalent to the distance sun<->neptune, sometimes even more than that. It would be... tricky to achieve this in a linear accelerator.

Whovian said:
First of all, what do you mean by "in the future?"

Second, yes, the LHC uses circular motion, but only because that allows it to let particles spin indefinitely without using up a ridiculous amount of space, I think.

If the LHC is a cyclotron (which I'm pretty sure it is), it uses electric fields to accelerate particles and magnetic fields to keep them moving in a circle. So it uses circular motion, but how it works doesn't really rely on it.

in the future mean that technique, technology, application are researched. we will use it in the future. it only can have a idea about circular motion. it's fine.

mfb said:
A wheel in cars?

Your question is way too general to give a useful answer.

Btw.: Protons in the LHC can travel a distance which is equivalent to the distance sun<->neptune, sometimes even more than that. It would be... tricky to achieve this in a linear accelerator.

A wheel in cars is present?

technique, technology, future application.
they may are researched even only have a idea.

I just want to get some points.
It do not need too much detail.

I'm quite sure we will continue to use cars tomorrow - and in the next decades. That is in the future.
While the LHC will continue to operate tomorrow (unless something goes wrong), it already did so yesterday.

Something new, which is not present today?
Well, fine. Probably nearly every object with moving parts or electricity which will be built in the future.
If you consider orbitals of electrons in atoms as "circular motion": Every object made out of atoms. Which is "every object", unless something really surprising happens.

Related to The question of circular motion in future

1. What is circular motion?

Circular motion is defined as the movement of an object along a circular path, with a constant distance from a central point. This type of motion is characterized by a continuous change in direction, but constant speed.

2. How is circular motion relevant to the future?

Circular motion is relevant to the future in various industries such as transportation, robotics, and space exploration. It is used in designing efficient and sustainable modes of transportation, creating precise and smooth movements in robots, and navigating spacecraft.

3. What are some examples of circular motion in future technology?

Some examples of circular motion in future technology include electric and self-driving cars, drones, and satellites. These technologies utilize circular motion for propulsion, navigation, and stability.

4. What are the challenges in creating circular motion in future technology?

One of the main challenges in creating circular motion in future technology is achieving precise and consistent movements. This requires advanced control systems and precise engineering to overcome factors such as friction, air resistance, and gravitational pull.

5. How can circular motion be improved in the future?

Circular motion can be improved in the future through advancements in technology and materials. This includes more efficient and powerful motors, advanced control systems, and lightweight and durable materials for construction. Additionally, research and development in fields such as quantum mechanics and artificial intelligence could also lead to further improvements in circular motion.