Temperature and pressure change in an air vessel

In summary, the conversation is about modeling an air vessel with a constant volume and compressed air. The equations in the attached photo are being questioned for their suitability, and there is also a discussion about the charging and discharging processes occurring simultaneously. The person mentions finding the equation in a published paper and confirming it using the open system version of the first law of thermodynamics.
AmeenBassam
Hello All,

I am trying to model an air vessel with a constant volume during charging and discharging with compressed air. Are the equations in the attached photo are suitable?
where m is the air mass, Gc and Gt are the mass flow rate in and out of the air vessel with a volume V. Tac is the temperature of the Air in air storage device.

Attachments

• eq.png
    eq.png
    4.4 KB · Views: 55
Science news on Phys.org
AmeenBassam said:
Hello All,

I am trying to model an air vessel with a constant volume during charging and discharging with compressed air. Are the equations in the attached photo are suitable?
where m is the air mass, Gc and Gt are the mass flow rate in and out of the air vessel with a volume V. Tac is the temperature of the Air in air storage device.
Let's see your derivation. Also, are the charging and discharging occurring simultaneously?

Chestermiller said:
Let's see your derivation. Also, are the charging and discharging occurring simultaneously?
I found this equation in a published paper in Elsevier and I just wanted to make sure of it and thank you for your reply.

AmeenBassam said:
I found this equation in a published paper in Elsevier and I just wanted to make sure of it and thank you for your reply.
Using the open system version of the 1st law of thermodynamics, I confirmed the temperature equation, even for combined charging and discharging.

Last edited: