Take a look at this simple circuit please.

• Thread starter reddvoid
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Circuit
In summary, when converting a 12V voltage source in series with a 3K resistor to a current source, it results in a 4mA current in parallel with the 3K resistor. This 4mA current enters node 1 and exits to ground at node 2. The author explains that the current Io from node 1 to ground should be zero, but the question is how the author got 1mA. The author states that the current in the 12V battery cannot be solely 4mA because there are other loads on the battery. The author then clarifies that the 1mA is correct and apologizes for the confusion.
reddvoid
attachment.php?attachmentid=41645&stc=1&d=1323231361.jpg

Here if we convert the 12V Voltage source in series with 3K resistor to current source
we get 4mA current in parallel with 3k resistor and this 4mA will be entering node 1 right ?
so 4mA is entering node 1 and 4mA is leaving to ground at node 2

so the current Io (from node 1 to ground ) should be zero right ?
How is he getting 1mA ?

P.S.
If his answer is wrong I'm going to sue this author for wasting my time giving wrong answers :/

Attachments

• 07122011132.jpg
    07122011132.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 326
Engineering news on Phys.org
You can't say the current in the 12 V battery is 4 mA because the 3 K resistor is not the only load on the battery. I get 3.333 mA.

The 1 mA is OK.

Ya right
I was confused
Now I got it.
Thank you :)

Related to Take a look at this simple circuit please.

1. What is a simple circuit?

A simple circuit is an electrical circuit that consists of a power source, a load, and connecting wires or conducting materials. It is the most basic form of circuit and is used in many electronic devices and machines.

2. How does a simple circuit work?

A simple circuit works by allowing electrical current to flow from the power source, through the load, and back to the power source. The load, which can be a resistor, lamp, or any other electrical component, uses the energy from the current to perform a specific function.

3. What are the components of a simple circuit?

The components of a simple circuit include a power source (such as a battery), a load (such as a resistor or lightbulb), and connecting wires or conducting materials (such as copper wires). Some circuits may also include switches, fuses, or other control devices.

4. How can I test a simple circuit?

To test a simple circuit, you can use a multimeter to measure the voltage, current, and resistance at different points in the circuit. You can also use a lightbulb or other load to see if the circuit is functioning properly.

5. What are some common problems with simple circuits?

Some common problems with simple circuits include loose connections, broken or faulty components, and incorrect wiring. These issues can lead to a circuit not working or not working properly, and can be identified and fixed through testing and troubleshooting.