Stop Programs from Minimizing to System Tray: Windows Taskbar Guide

• Thread starter JamesU
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Stupid
In summary, the conversation is about how to prevent a program from minimizing to the system tray. The solution is to check the program's menus for options such as "properties" or "options." The method may vary depending on the customizing application being used, for example in Windows blinds, you can set the window to "roll up" when double clicking on the title bar. It is also possible to enable this feature in Ubuntu without a customizing app. Clarification is needed on the specific issue, such as whether the program is going to the taskbar or if the user wants to prevent programs from loading at startup.
JamesU
Gold Member
How can I stop a program from minimizing to the system tray? THere's probably an easy answer to this, and yes, I googled it.

Computer science news on Phys.org
That's a custom thing, so look in the program's menus, it's probably under 'properties' or 'options' or something like that.

Depends on the customizing application. For instance in Windows blinds you get set the window to "roll up" when double clicking on the title bar of the window. Is Windows the operating system you're running? I know in Ubuntu (Linux) you can enable this feature without installing a customizing app.

Can you clearify what exactly you mean? Are you saying when you minimize a program it goes to the taskbar in the bottom right? Are you trying to stop programs from loading there at startup?

Related to Stop Programs from Minimizing to System Tray: Windows Taskbar Guide

What is a Windows taskbar?

A Windows taskbar is a graphical user interface element found in the Microsoft Windows operating system. It is typically located at the bottom of the screen and displays open applications and system icons.

How do I customize my Windows taskbar?

To customize your Windows taskbar, right-click on it and select "Taskbar Settings." From there, you can change the taskbar location, add or remove icons, and adjust other settings.

Why won't my Windows taskbar show up?

If your Windows taskbar is not showing up, it may be set to auto-hide. Move your cursor to the bottom of the screen and see if it appears. If not, you can also try restarting your computer or checking for updates.

Can I change the color of my Windows taskbar?

Yes, you can change the color of your Windows taskbar by going to "Taskbar Settings" and selecting a different color under the "Taskbar color" section. You can also choose to have the taskbar match your desktop background.

How do I pin programs to my Windows taskbar?

To pin programs to your Windows taskbar, right-click on the program icon and select "Pin to taskbar." You can also drag and drop the program icon onto the taskbar to pin it.