Solving Computer Issues: Clicking Links Not Working

• Thread starter babtridge
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Computer
In summary, Evo's computer is not working properly and he is not sure what the problem is. He recommends that someone checks their mouse and keyboard settings and also downloads spywareblaster and ad-aware.
babtridge
Hi,
I am currently experiencing problems on my computer such that, if somone sends me a web page link, nothing happens when I click on it. Same goes for if I try and open links on web pages that would take me to another site.
Has anyone got any suggestions as to remedy this problem please or if I've accidently disabled something in Windows EXP.

Sorry this is a boring question but its doing my swede! :mad:
Cheers

Computer science news on Phys.org
babtridge said:
Sorry this is a boring question but its doing my swede! :mad:
Cheers
No such thing as a boring question, just as there are no stupid questions. If you seriously want an answer, then they're all legit.
I'm a Mac guy, so I don't know much about PC's (garbage). My first suggestion would be to check your mouse settings and connections. It's possible that one or more of your buttons isn't registering properly.

Thanks for the suggestion but the mouse and keyboard are working like a dream.
I just find it very strange because it was working perfect yesterday and when I loaded up this morning it starts playing silly buggers!

Are you able to open the link if you put your cursor over the link, right click and select "open in new window"?

I'm also moving this to technology for more answers.

I don't really know but it might be that you have the block pop-up option enabled on your browser.
It will only be blocked if it's an external link (opens in another window).
That's all I can think of sorry :)

it's definitally spyware.

Get spywareblaster or ad-aware and fix it.

Thanks for all your suggestions.
Evo, when I do right click and open in new window, the page just freezes and I have to ctrl alt del to carry on, just as if I had left clicked it.
The computers running fine in itself though.
I'll certainly download what you've suggested though guys.

Cheers

Related to Solving Computer Issues: Clicking Links Not Working

1. Why are the links on my computer not working?

There could be several reasons why the links on your computer are not working. It could be due to a slow or unstable internet connection, browser issues, or corrupt files. It is important to troubleshoot and identify the root cause in order to find a solution.

2. How do I fix a broken link on my computer?

The first step to fixing a broken link is to identify the cause. If it is due to a slow internet connection, try restarting your router or connecting to a different network. If it is a browser issue, try clearing your cache and cookies. If the link is still not working, it could be due to a corrupt file, in which case you may need to reinstall the software or update your operating system.

3. Why do the links on my computer only work sometimes?

Inconsistent link functionality could be caused by a variety of reasons, such as a weak internet connection, browser compatibility issues, or outdated software. It is important to troubleshoot and address the underlying issue in order to ensure consistent link functionality.

4. How do I prevent links from not working in the future?

To prevent links from not working in the future, make sure to keep your software and operating system up to date, clear your cache and cookies regularly, and ensure a stable internet connection. It is also important to check for any browser or plugin updates and to avoid clicking on suspicious links.

5. Can a virus or malware cause links to stop working on my computer?

Yes, a virus or malware can cause links to stop working on your computer. It is important to have a reliable antivirus software installed and to regularly scan your computer for any potential threats. If you suspect a virus or malware, seek professional help to remove it and ensure the security of your computer.