Solutions manual for Exploring Black Holes by Taylor and Wheeler

In summary, a solutions manual is a supplement to a textbook that provides step-by-step solutions to problems and exercises. It is important for a complex and challenging textbook like "Exploring Black Holes" as it allows students to check their work and gain a deeper understanding of the material. However, it should not be used as a substitute for studying and can typically be purchased from the publisher or accessed through university resources. While the solutions are typically verified, students should not rely solely on the manual for correct answers.
OS Richert
In the Acknowledgements of "Exploring Black Holes" by Taylor and Wheeler they mention that a solutions manual was created by G.P. Sastry and several students. Does anyone know whether it is possible to get a hold of this solutions manual for us self learners. It would be a great help.

Thanks
Pete

Physics news on Phys.org
I just came across your post of April 2007, and am looking for the same thing. Did you ever find one?

Thanks

MG

I am not familiar with the specific solutions manual mentioned in the acknowledgements of "Exploring Black Holes" by Taylor and Wheeler. However, I would recommend reaching out to the authors directly or contacting the publisher of the book to inquire about obtaining a copy of the solutions manual. Alternatively, there may be other resources available for self-learners, such as online forums or study groups, where individuals can collaborate and discuss problem-solving techniques for the book's content. I encourage you to explore these options in your pursuit of understanding black holes.

Related to Solutions manual for Exploring Black Holes by Taylor and Wheeler

1. What is a solutions manual?

A solutions manual is a supplement to a textbook that contains step-by-step solutions to the problems and exercises in the textbook. It is typically used by instructors or students to check their work and better understand the material.

2. Why is a solutions manual important for "Exploring Black Holes"?

"Exploring Black Holes" is a complex and mathematically rigorous textbook on a challenging topic. A solutions manual allows students to check their work and gain a deeper understanding of the material by seeing the correct solutions to problems.

3. Can a solutions manual be used as a substitute for studying?

No, a solutions manual should not be used as a substitute for studying. It is meant to supplement the textbook and aid in understanding the material, but it is important for students to actively engage with the material and work through problems on their own.

4. How can I access the solutions manual for "Exploring Black Holes"?

The solutions manual for "Exploring Black Holes" can typically be purchased from the publisher or through online retailers. It may also be available through your university's library or bookstore.

5. Are the solutions in the manual guaranteed to be correct?

The solutions in the manual are typically checked and verified by the authors or editors, but there is always a possibility of errors. It is important for students to use the solutions manual as a learning tool and not rely solely on it for correct answers.