Should teacher give a reason for refusal?

In summary: I think that would go a long way in restoring the student's faith in the teacher. In summary, the teacher should not be required to immediately provide explanation for every action taken by them, but the student certainly has the right to know about certain actions directly affecting them. If a student asked the teacher why, the teacher would have to respond.

Should a teacher explain the reason of not letting a student go to the bathroom

• Total voters
Yep. I don't know of schools without a nurse.
Really? I've never been to a school (excluding university) that had a nurse.

Science news on Phys.org
What the hell? This thread is over three years old.

Why would anyone refuse a request to use the toilet in the first place?

When my son was about 8 he had a fascination with bathrooms and bathroom fixtures. Anytime we went to a public place, he had to visit the bathroom and see how it was layed out and what equipment was there. Once, I went to visit my father in the hospital. I was the only one allowed into see him so my wife and kids waited in the lobby. My son naturally took a tour of the facilities and when I came down to leave, that's where he was. After we left the hospital and started driving home, my wife asked me to stop at a fast food joint for a cup of coffee. As I drove up to the drive-through window my son says "I want to go to the bathroom." I turned to him and said no, and then turned to the clerk who, along with the coffee, gave me the most astonished look I have ever seen.

Well in all seriousness I have witnessed a shy girl urinating in class. This could have been avoided simply by asking to go to the toilet, and in actual fact, nobody would have had to ask the teacher "why did you let her go?". So I answered "potato" because it ammused upon opening the thread.

Grief! It was the funniest thing ever! She was rocking back and forth like some desperate hyena for a good 5 minutes in the row in front, my friend made a joke of it, then all of a sudden she burst and then a cloud of steam (piss) was released onto the seat. Then, once she had "subtley" released the pressure (piss), she asked one of the guys if she could borrow his coat. I don't think I ever laughed so hard. She used his coat to soak up the evidence and nobody ever mentioned it again.