Review vs. Additional Problems

• Thread starter PCSL
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Review
In summary, review problems are used to reinforce concepts and help students retain information, while additional problems are more challenging and cover material that has not yet been taught. Although review problems may not be necessary for every student, they can still be beneficial in solidifying understanding and preparing for exams. Additional problems benefit students by improving problem-solving skills, critical thinking abilities, and providing a deeper understanding of the material. They are not meant to replace review problems, as both serve different purposes and are important for student learning. The frequency of completing review and additional problems may vary, but it is generally recommended to complete review problems regularly and additional problems as needed for extra practice or exam preparation.
PCSL
I was wondering what you guys think is most beneficial to do a few days before a test. Do you think it would be good to look over my notes/problems that I have already completed or to keep doing as many new problems as I can? Hopefully that makes sense, thank you.

Physics news on Phys.org
I usually do more problems.

Related to Review vs. Additional Problems

1. What is the difference between review and additional problems?

Review problems are usually related to material that has already been covered in class or in a textbook. They are meant to reinforce concepts and help students retain information. Additional problems, on the other hand, are usually more challenging and cover material that has not yet been taught. They are meant to extend learning and provide extra practice.

2. Are review problems necessary if I understand the material?

While review problems may not be necessary for every student, they can still be beneficial. They can help solidify understanding and identify any areas that may need further review. Additionally, they can help students prepare for exams and assessments.

3. How do additional problems benefit students?

Additional problems can benefit students in several ways. They can help improve problem-solving skills, build critical thinking abilities, and provide a deeper understanding of the material. They can also challenge students and help them prepare for more difficult tasks in the future.

4. Are additional problems meant to replace review problems?

No, additional problems are not meant to replace review problems. Both types of problems serve different purposes and are important for student learning. Review problems help reinforce concepts while additional problems provide extra practice and challenge.

5. How often should students complete review and additional problems?

The frequency of review and additional problems may vary depending on the individual student and their learning needs. However, it is generally recommended to complete review problems regularly, such as after each lesson or chapter. Additional problems can be done as needed for extra practice or when preparing for exams.