Review my simplified Lab instructions for Alum

• Thread starter MightyCatt
  • Start date
MightyCatt
Hello, I recently started writing my own step by step instructions for lab as the ones in my lab book are intimidating a little hard to follow. This is for General Chemistry 1 LAB. It's for a synthesis of Alum. Would someone review my simplified instructions and give me feedback? I would appreciate it if so, Thanks! :D
20231009_091738.jpg
ALUMSS.png
ALUMSS2.png

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF.

Your instructions are a little fuzzy and hard to read. Can you attach a PDF copy of them? Thanks.

Likes MightyCatt
berkeman said:
Welcome to PF.

Your instructions are a little fuzzy and hard to read. Can you attach a PDF copy of them? Thanks.
Adobe LAB3-ALUM

Oops, sorry about that. Here ya go, I made a Adobe PDF sharing link and attached a word doc, let me know if you still have trouble accessing/seeing the document. Thanks!

Attachments

• LAB 3 Instructions.docx
    30.6 KB · Views: 41
MightyCatt said:
I made a Adobe PDF sharing link and attached a word doc,
It's best to print the Word doc to PDF and attach it directly. Links can be broken over time, and Word attachments can contain macros.

Also, I didn't see a section at the beginning of the document outlining any general or specific safety issues. Should there be one?

berkeman said:
Also, I didn't see a section at the beginning of the document outlining any general or specific safety issues. Should there be one?
Got it, I will remember that. The original lab instructions contain safety information on a different page, these instructions are just for me to follow them step by step and so I don't let lost in the paragraphs of the original instructions.

Attachments

• ALUM Lab 3.pdf
    533.1 KB · Views: 55
Likes berkeman