Resistor Network Circuit Analysis

In summary, the conversation is about asking for help with a homework problem involving determining equivalent resistance, current, voltage, and power in a circuit with multiple resistors and a battery. The person suspects they may have done something wrong and provides scans of their work and the original problem for reference. They also ask for clarification on the value of one of the resistors and the voltage of the battery. The response includes a summary of the problem and a question for clarification.
Dhooy7
Could someone help me with number 1. I think I did it wrong. I attached the diagram with the labels. On the original one the resistors aren't labeled, but I separately labeled them on my diagram.

1. R1=1.0 ohms
R2=3.0 ohms
R3=5.0 ohms
R4=12 ohms
R5=2.0ohms
R6=4.0 ohms
R=0.2 ohms
Vbatt=12.0 V

1. Homework Statement . I need to do determine the following:
a. Equivalent reistance
b current through the battery
c. The current through each resistor
d. the voltage on each resistor
e.the power used by each resistor

I really suspect I did something wrong.

Scan 11 is with the resistors labeled and breaking them down.
Scan 14 and 15 is of my work. If you can figure out what I did wrong that would be great!

Image 1 is of the initial problem.

Homework Equations

My equations are on the scans.

The Attempt at a Solution

I definitely attempted the solution on the scans attached.

Attachments

• Scan0014.jpg
    Scan0014.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 383
  • Scan0011.jpg
    Scan0011.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 372
  • Scan0015.jpg
    Scan0015.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 408
  • image1.PNG
    image1.PNG
    27.3 KB · Views: 438
Physics news on Phys.org
I need help ASAP. Thanks!

Is R3 5 Ohms as you've listed in the problem statement or 6 Ohms as shown on the diagram?

Assuming R3 = 6Ohms..

Sheet 11 looks ok Req = 7.2R

Is Vbat 12V or 8V ?

Related to Resistor Network Circuit Analysis

1. What is a resistor network circuit?

A resistor network circuit is a circuit composed of multiple resistors connected in a series or parallel configuration. It is used to control the flow of electrical current and is a fundamental component in electronic devices.

2. How do you analyze a resistor network circuit?

To analyze a resistor network circuit, you can use techniques such as Kirchhoff's laws, Ohm's law, and the voltage divider rule. These methods allow you to calculate the voltage, current, and resistance at different points in the circuit.

3. What is the purpose of analyzing a resistor network circuit?

The purpose of analyzing a resistor network circuit is to understand how the circuit behaves and to determine the values of voltage and current at different points. This information is crucial for designing and troubleshooting electronic devices.

4. How does the configuration of resistors affect the overall resistance in a resistor network circuit?

In a series circuit, the resistors add up to create a larger overall resistance. In a parallel circuit, the overall resistance is reduced as the resistors provide multiple paths for current to flow. The type of configuration used depends on the desired resistance and current flow in the circuit.

5. How can resistors be combined in a resistor network circuit?

Resistors can be combined in series or parallel configurations in a resistor network circuit. In a series configuration, the resistors are connected end-to-end, while in a parallel configuration, the resistors are connected side-by-side. These configurations can be combined to create complex resistor networks for different purposes.