Quantum Computing Books: What to Read After Graduation

In summary, for a third year physics student interested in learning more about Quantum Computing, recommended books include Nielsen&Chuang's "Quantum Computation and Quantum Information," which is a good starting point for undergraduate level understanding, and other books on the mathematics of Quantum Mechanics. Field theory may not be necessary for those interested in the concept of QC, rather than a specific implementation. For a basic understanding of the area and Shor's algorithm, suggested books are needed for a study project on Quantum Computing.
curtdbz
I'm a third year physics student and just wanted to know for the future, what books should I get in order to learn more about Quantum Computing (theory behind it)? I know Quantum Mechanics books, yes, but what else like after graduation?

Thanks so much!

So far on my list is just books on:
-Mathematics of QM
-QM field theory

And that's it, not sure where else to go.

Physics news on Phys.org
The standard text on QC is Nielsen&Chuang's book, it is getting a bit old but so is every other book in the field (any text older than about 2-3 years will not be up-do-date, it is such a rapidly developing field).
Most of the QM in it is at the undergrad level so it is a good place to start (btw, there is no real reason to study field theory if you are interested in QC; at least not if you are only interested in the concept as such and not in a specific implementation)

I am doing a study project on Quantum Computing, please suggest me some of the books which can give me the very basic knowledge of the area and about the Shor's algorithm.
So that i can understand the subject of Quantum Computing.
Thanking you

Related to Quantum Computing Books: What to Read After Graduation

What is quantum computing?

Quantum computing is a branch of computer science that uses quantum-mechanical phenomena, such as superposition and entanglement, to perform operations on data. It has the potential to solve certain problems much faster than classical computers.

Why should I read books on quantum computing after graduation?

Quantum computing is a rapidly advancing field and is expected to have a significant impact on various industries. Reading books on quantum computing after graduation will keep you updated on the latest developments and give you a deeper understanding of the subject.

What are the prerequisites for understanding quantum computing books?

A strong foundation in mathematics, particularly linear algebra and calculus, is essential for understanding quantum computing. Knowledge of computer science and physics is also helpful.

What are some recommended books on quantum computing?

Some popular books on quantum computing include "Quantum Computing: A Gentle Introduction" by Eleanor Rieffel and Wolfgang Polak, "Quantum Computing for Computer Scientists" by Noson S. Yanofsky and Mirco A. Mannucci, and "Quantum Computing Since Democritus" by Scott Aaronson.

Can I learn quantum computing solely from books?

While books are a great resource for learning about quantum computing, it is recommended to also supplement your learning with online courses, tutorials, and hands-on experience. Quantum computing is a complex and evolving field, so it is important to have a diverse range of learning materials.