Pump Selection: Manual vs. Existing Pump

In summary, Vespa says that you should buy the larger pump. It is more expensive, but it will protect your components and you will have a better pump curve.
maxx_payne
accordin to my last to posts here i found this special pump which has materials designed to carry a high press but the problem now
i found a pump on the machine is bigger than the one in the manual
so shall i buy the pump from manual or as the existing pump ?

Engineering news on Phys.org
What?

I'd go for the larger pump, obviously. Best value.

That's not the case with Centrifugal pumps.

When you say larger, what do you mean? Check the tags on it. Do you have the curve for your specific pump? These are things that people would need to know to give you advice.

Vespa, if you have a pump designed for 100 gpm at 80 ft of head, and you use a pump that has a capacity of, say, 500 gpm at 80 ft, then you could potentially damage components, overflow/drain systems, all sorts of stuff can happen.

Specifically, what is different. Numbers help us help you, as well.

Size matters. Apart from that, the question asked was somewhat obscured in unclear words, and unrelated phrases. The better followup-question would be: "What?".

i am very sorry for unclear description but the original pump in the manual was
2.2 kw has q=12m3/hr and H = 20 m
the new pump they put is 10hp q=20m3/hr and H= 40 m and while its operatin on the machine it gives 25 meter head only not 40
the sitiuation now is that i have searched for these pumps history and i found out that this first pump was used for 6 years and the other pumps for 4 years
the main principle in my problem os the maximum op pressure which should be more than 13 bars as u know to make the materials withstand this pressure
so finally i decided to buy the pump of 2.2 kw
which will be cheaper and also the pump curve is very good also covering my conditions and i will prevent destroying of any other element in the system
is it clear now ??
and am i right in my sellection ??

Related to Pump Selection: Manual vs. Existing Pump

1. What is the difference between a manual pump and an existing pump?

A manual pump is operated by hand, while an existing pump is already installed and may be operated by electricity, hydraulics, or other power sources.

2. Which type of pump is more efficient?

This depends on the specific application and the design of the pump. In general, existing pumps may be more efficient as they are typically designed for a specific purpose and may have more advanced features. However, manual pumps can also be efficient in certain situations, such as when only small amounts of liquid need to be pumped.

3. Can an existing pump be converted to a manual pump?

In most cases, it is not recommended to convert an existing pump to a manual pump. The design and components of the pump are typically optimized for its specific power source, and converting it could result in decreased efficiency or even damage to the pump.

4. What factors should be considered when selecting between a manual pump and an existing pump?

The main factors to consider are the required flow rate, pressure, and power source. Other important factors may include the type of liquid being pumped, the distance the liquid needs to be moved, and the frequency of use.

5. Is it possible to use both a manual pump and an existing pump together?

Yes, it is possible to use both types of pumps together in certain situations. For example, a manual pump could be used for initial priming of an existing pump, or as a backup in case of power outages. However, it is important to ensure that the two pumps are compatible and do not interfere with each other's operation.