Programming a PIC 16F886 on a FR28 I/O board

In summary, the individual is seeking help with programming a pic on a FR28 I/O board purchased from eBay. They want to connect sensors and have the pic store the data, which will later be uploaded to a computer. The board requires 12v and can be connected to a CPU with an RS232 cable. They are unsure of how to communicate with the board and are considering using mplab or c to program the pic. They are also looking for advice or tips on how to set up a link over hardware to communicate with the pic. They have also mentioned that the seller may have PIC firmware and a PC software available for download.
oelias
I need help in programming a pic on a FR28 I/O board that i bought off of ebay. no software came with it, only pdf's. Essentially i want to hook up sensors (Thermocouple, ph, photon) and have the pic store the data (using flash mem). the data stored will later be uploaded to a computer.

the board needs 12v and can be hooked up to a cpu with RS232 cable. i have hooked it up and supplied the power, but i don't have an idea how to communicate with the board. I know i can use mplab or c to program the pic, but how do i get the computer to read the hardware.

i have uploaded info about the board.

any advise, tips or help will be appreciated

thx

Attachments

• RS232 Relay Control Board.pdf
    423.5 KB · Views: 1,430
  • VB RS232 Relay Control Program.pdf
    158.2 KB · Views: 558
Technology news on Phys.org
oelias said:
but i don't have an idea how to communicate with the board. I know i can use mplab or c to program the pic
You have to set up a link over hardware to talk to the pic so that you can flash it. If you're using linux, minicomm/kermit
On windows, hyperterminal (or some free terminal emulation software).
tutorial

Last edited:
Hi,
ask the seller for the PIC firmware. It should arrive with the board or send by e-mail. A PC sofware could be found in http://cgi.ebay.ca/FR88-RS232-Relay-Board-8-In%2F8-Out-Robot-VB-LabVIEW_W0QQitemZ110469872841QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ20091214?IMSfp=TL091214215001r675

Sergio

Last edited by a moderator:

Related to Programming a PIC 16F886 on a FR28 I/O board

What is a PIC 16F886?

A PIC 16F886 is a type of microcontroller developed by Microchip Technology. It is a small computer on a single integrated circuit that is designed to control and monitor electronic devices.

What is an FR28 I/O board?

An FR28 I/O board is a development board specifically designed for the PIC 16F886 microcontroller. It provides convenient access to the chip's input/output pins and allows for easy programming and testing of circuits.

How do I program a PIC 16F886 on an FR28 I/O board?

To program a PIC 16F886 on an FR28 I/O board, you will need a programmer, such as a PICkit or an MPLAB ICD, and a programming software, such as MPLAB X. Connect the programmer to the board and use the software to write your code and upload it to the microcontroller.

What programming languages can I use to program a PIC 16F886 on an FR28 I/O board?

The most commonly used programming language for PIC microcontrollers is C. However, you can also use assembly language or a high-level language like BASIC. It is important to check the specific compiler and language compatibility for your chosen board and microcontroller.

What types of projects can I use a PIC 16F886 on an FR28 I/O board for?

The PIC 16F886 on an FR28 I/O board can be used for a variety of projects, including home automation, robotics, data logging, and sensor monitoring. It is a versatile microcontroller that can be programmed to perform a wide range of tasks.