Poor Pluto - 3D Artwork by Mathias Pedersen

• Thread starter neutrino
  • Start date
  • Tags
    3d Pluto
In summary, the conversation discusses the ongoing debate over whether or not Pluto should be considered a planet. Some people are passionate about keeping Pluto as the 9th planet, while others argue that it doesn't meet the criteria for being a planet. The conversation also brings up the recent term "being Pluto-ed" as a way to describe being demoted or stripped of a title. Overall, the conversation is light-hearted and humorous, with various comparisons and jokes being made about Pluto's status.
neutrino
http://mathiaspedersen.com/3dportfolio/poor_pluto.jpg

Really creative! :approve:

http://mathiaspedersen.com/3dportfolio_poor_pluto.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
That is really cool. A guy that my father works with at Pfizer has a sign on his lab window that says "I support Plute as our 9th planet". Then the guy who works in the next lab over has a sign with pluto and a giant red x through it. :biggrin:

Why so much passion over what makes a planet? I don't see the same arguments over defining the continent.

Pluto will always be a planet in my heart, and Eris will always be Xena. :)

Pluto's a planet? I thought he was a star.

Yeah, Pluto's a planet. Anyone who tells you differently just doesn't know about the Richard Muller vote.

edit: btw you just made my desktop background.

Last edited:
My vote is for Quaoar.

Thanks neutrino, I love that!

I heard the new term for "demoting people" is "being Pluto-ed" :biggrin: :smile:

Reshma said:
I heard the new term for "demoting people" is "being Pluto-ed" :biggrin: :smile:
:biggrin: That's a good one.

LOL! It makes you wonder why we never considered PLUTO'S feeling when stripping it of its planetary status. I mean...it's obviously already being bullied by the other planets. Is it really our place to be joining in!:smile::smile:

Pluto is like the ugly duckling

...except that it stays ugly forever and deserves to be made fun of. I guess that's more like Rudolph or Janet Reno.

Related to Poor Pluto - 3D Artwork by Mathias Pedersen

What is "Poor Pluto - 3D Artwork by Mathias Pedersen"?

"Poor Pluto - 3D Artwork by Mathias Pedersen" is a 3D artwork created by artist Mathias Pedersen. It depicts the dwarf planet Pluto in a stylized and emotional way, showcasing the artist's unique vision and skill in 3D art.

What inspired the creation of "Poor Pluto - 3D Artwork by Mathias Pedersen"?

The artist, Mathias Pedersen, was inspired by the demotion of Pluto from being classified as a planet to a dwarf planet in 2006. He wanted to portray the emotional impact and sense of loss felt by many in the scientific community and the public.

What techniques were used in the creation of "Poor Pluto - 3D Artwork by Mathias Pedersen"?

The artwork was created using various 3D software and techniques, including sculpting, texturing, lighting, and rendering. The artist also used digital painting techniques to enhance the final image.

What is the significance of the title "Poor Pluto" in this artwork?

The title "Poor Pluto" reflects the artist's intention to evoke sympathy and sadness for the dwarf planet. It also serves as a commentary on the controversial decision to reclassify Pluto, highlighting the emotional impact it had on many people.

Is "Poor Pluto - 3D Artwork by Mathias Pedersen" scientifically accurate?

No, the artwork is not meant to be scientifically accurate. It is a creative interpretation of the artist's emotions and thoughts about the demotion of Pluto and should not be taken as a factual representation of the dwarf planet.