Physics Principles and Problems Zitzewitz Review

• Intro Physics
  • Thread starter lonely_nucleus
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Physics Review
In summary, "Physics Principles and Problems" by Zitzewitz is a general physics textbook published by McGraw. It covers all topics of general physics in 31 chapters and is known for its good content. Some drawbacks include only showing odd solutions for test problems and being math-intensive. However, the book is a great resource for studying for the AP physics B test in high school and has received a high rating for its problems, physics concepts, and in-depth details. It does not use calculus, but instead uses pre-calculus. Overall, it is a highly recommended book for learning and understanding physics.
lonely_nucleus
Physics Principles and Problems by Zitzewitz General Physics Textbook The book is by the McGraw and they are known for the good textbooks. read this book at my school but my school went so slow through the chapters so I read the book in a month, 1 chapter a day a total of 30 chapters, each chapter has about 6-8 pages of text, therefore there are a lot of adds labs and ads in the book.

I only want to recommend this book because it is good in my opinion, there are a few draw backs to it such as the test at the end of each chapter has only shows odd solutions in back of book. and the book let's you know what you have to know about the equations and the physics but ultimately the student has to think to solve the problems. Overall you learn a lot of the chapter by doing the problems.

Therefore the book is mildly rigorous. The explanations of the actual physics without math are good but not the best. The book is math intensive.With that said the book would be a great way to study for the AP physics B test in HS

problems:5/5
Physics Concepts:3.5/5
Examples:3/5
Problems:5/5(the problems make you think)
In depth details:5/5
Applications to technology explanations:5/5

Overall:26.5/30 for a good physics book in my opinion.

Other people who have read this book feel free to add anything to what I said.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/0675172640/?tag=pfamazon01-20

Last edited by a moderator:
Likes Greg Bernhardt
Physics news on Phys.org
I forgot to add that the book does not use calculus,it uses pre-calculus instead. Since there are 31 chapters it covers all of general physics from motion/mechanics to nuclear physics/modern physics.

Related to Physics Principles and Problems Zitzewitz Review

1. What is the main focus of the "Physics Principles and Problems Zitzewitz Review" book?

The main focus of this book is to provide a comprehensive review of the fundamental principles of physics and how they are applied to solve real-world problems.

2. Is this book suitable for beginners in physics?

Yes, this book is suitable for beginners in physics as it starts with basic concepts and gradually builds upon them to help readers develop a strong understanding of the subject.

3. How are the topics organized in this book?

The topics in this book are organized according to the traditional sequence of physics courses, starting with mechanics and proceeding to heat, electricity and magnetism, waves, and modern physics.

4. Are there practice questions and problems included in this book?

Yes, this book includes a variety of practice questions and problems at the end of each chapter to help readers reinforce their understanding and apply the concepts learned.

5. Can this book be used as a study guide for standardized tests?

Yes, this book can be used as a study guide for standardized tests as it covers all the essential topics and provides ample practice questions to help readers prepare for exams.