Outlets for highly-experienced Teachers and/or Directors?

In summary, the Administrative Coordinator for a STEM camp and afterschool education program in NYC is looking for suggestions on where to find experienced Site Directors for upcoming camps. They have already posted on Indeed and plan to use Glassdoor and LinkedIn, but are seeking additional platforms. Suggestions from the conversation include creating flyers at nearby universities and avoiding paid forums or subscriptions.
HelloNORY
Hi, I'm the Administrative Coordinator for a rapidly-growing STEM camp & afterschool education program (NYC based) that is beginning to look for Site Directors for the upcoming winter and summer camps. Does anyone know any sites or places I should look into where people of said-experience hang out? I'm thinking for forums similar to reddit or any other similar sites. So far we have postings on Indeed and will likely add Glassdoor/LinkedIn as additional platforms, but other than those platforms are there any I'm missing out on?

Attached is a list of resources I've considered.

Attachments

• UTEyC36.png
    UTEyC36.png
    14.8 KB · Views: 237
Science news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!

Many platforms on your list seem reasonable, but I wouldn't think Reddit, Facebook or Craigslist (or PF) would good bets. Are you creating paid ads for any these platforms?

Do you have universities nearby? I would think you would get good responses if you put up professional-looking flyers on the bulletin boards of the Physics, Engineering and Math departments, and maybe also the Student Union. I see such flyers on the bulletin boards at Stanford when I stop over there, for example.

Likes jim mcnamara
Greg Bernhardt said:
Welcome to PF!

Many platforms on your list seem reasonable, but I wouldn't think Reddit, Facebook or Craigslist (or PF) would good bets. Are you creating paid ads for any these platforms?
I'd prefer to dodge paid forums or subscriptions, unless they prove to have incredible R.O.Is.

Related to Outlets for highly-experienced Teachers and/or Directors?

1. What are some outlets for highly-experienced teachers and/or directors?

Some outlets for highly-experienced teachers and/or directors include becoming a mentor or coach for other educators, working as a consultant or trainer for schools or organizations, pursuing leadership roles within educational institutions, and contributing to educational research and publications.

2. How can highly-experienced teachers and/or directors continue to grow and develop in their career?

Highly-experienced teachers and/or directors can continue to grow and develop in their career by attending conferences and workshops, participating in professional development opportunities, seeking out new challenges and roles within their current institution, and networking with other educators.

3. Are there any specific organizations or associations for highly-experienced teachers and/or directors?

Yes, there are many organizations and associations for highly-experienced teachers and/or directors, such as the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC), the National Association of Elementary School Principals (NAESP), and the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards (NBPTS).

4. How can highly-experienced teachers and/or directors share their expertise with other educators?

Highly-experienced teachers and/or directors can share their expertise with other educators by presenting at conferences, writing articles or blog posts, leading workshops or trainings, and serving as a mentor or coach to less experienced educators.

5. What are some benefits of being a highly-experienced teacher and/or director?

Some benefits of being a highly-experienced teacher and/or director include having the opportunity to mentor and shape the next generation of educators, being able to make a larger impact on the education system, and having the potential for higher salaries and leadership positions.