One last log law question. little more trickier.

• Thread starter Senjai
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Law Log
In summary, the conversation is discussing how to evaluate the expression 10^{log_{100}4}. The attempt at a solution involved using the log law and the "double base rule" to get a final answer of 2. However, the question then arises of how to solve for 10^{log_{10^2}4}. One suggestion is to use the identity \log_{100} x=\frac{\log_{10} x}{\log_{10} 100}, and it is noted that log10100 = 2 in Donaldos's formula.
Senjai

Homework Statement

[tex]10^{log_{100}4}[/tex] Evaluate.

I'm on a school computer, i cannot see TEX images. Sorry if their not 100% correct.

The Attempt at a Solution

I solved this answer, and got 2. i did this by making the above equation:

[tex]100^\frac{1}{2}(log_{100}4)[/tex]
then using a log law to get 4 to the power of 1/2 and solved for 2 using the "double base rule"

I was told their was a way to do the same thing, but for the exponent and not the base.

how do you solve: [tex] 10^{log_{10^2}4} [/tex] somehow it still gives a power of 1/2 to the value 4 but i don't understand how to put it there.

i tried putting it in exponential form:

[tex] 10^{2x} = 4 [/tex]

and i guess ed by dividing both exponents by 2 to get:

[tex] 10^x = 4^{\frac{1}{2}} [/tex]

but 10 and 4 arent the same base. Is this correct?

Thanks,
Senjai

Physics news on Phys.org
Maybe you can use the identity:

[tex]\log_{100} x=\frac{\log_{10} x}{\log_{10} 100}[/tex]

?

And in Donaldos's formula, log10100 = 2.

Related to One last log law question. little more trickier.

What is the one last log law question?

The one last log law question is a mathematical problem that involves using logarithms to solve for an unknown variable. It is typically more challenging than other log law questions.

Why is the one last log law question trickier?

The one last log law question is trickier because it often requires multiple steps and a deep understanding of logarithmic properties to solve. It may also involve using advanced mathematical concepts such as exponentials and inverse functions.

Can you provide an example of a one last log law question?

One example of a one last log law question is: Solve for x: log2(3x+4) = 5. This question requires using the properties of logarithms to isolate the variable x and solve for its value.

What is the most important thing to remember when solving a one last log law question?

The most important thing to remember when solving a one last log law question is to apply the properties of logarithms correctly and carefully. Make sure to follow the order of operations and be aware of any restrictions on the values of the logarithmic expressions.

What resources can I use to better understand how to solve one last log law questions?

There are many online resources and textbooks that can help you understand and practice solving one last log law questions. Additionally, seeking help from a math tutor or teacher can also be beneficial in mastering this concept.