Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

• Thread starter avant-garde
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Time
In summary, trying to teach a pig to sing is a futile and annoying task. This is similar to attempting to argue with internet trolls or trying to put lipstick on a pig. It may seem like a good idea at first, but ultimately it is a waste of time and causes frustration. This concept is also demonstrated by Emily Yoffe's experience with learning to sing, as it is unlikely that she will ever be as skilled as a professional singer like William Hung. In conclusion, it is best to avoid trying to teach a pig to sing and instead focus on more productive and worthwhile endeavors.
avant-garde
"Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig."

Let's think of some good examples of this :D

I've got one:
People talking back to internet trolls :D

What is another real-world example?

Science news on Phys.org

Emily Yoffe took some singing lessons from a professional singing teacher, Deborah Benner, and made her debut performance in only 4 weeks. (Teaching a Pig to Sing article)

(The http://img.slate.com/media/64/Yoffe.asf )

I don't think she'll ever be quite as good as William Hung, but it certainly proves the saying.

Last edited by a moderator:

Can't think of any real life example for teaching a pig to sing. I surely have an example for putting lipstick on a pig. And that was an utter waste of time and annoyance to everyone.

jobyts said:
I surely have an example for putting lipstick on a pig.

So you're the one who was messing around with my ex...

How about arguing with a 5 year old lol

Related to Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

1. What does the phrase "Never try to teach a pig to sing" mean?

The phrase "Never try to teach a pig to sing" is a metaphor that means it is futile to try to teach or change someone who is unwilling or incapable of learning or changing. Just as a pig is not capable of singing, some people may not be able to learn or change in certain ways.

2. Why is it a waste of time to teach a pig to sing?

It is a waste of time to teach a pig to sing because it is biologically impossible for a pig to sing. Pigs do not have the physical capabilities or vocal cords to produce musical sounds like humans or other animals.

3. How does trying to teach a pig to sing annoy the pig?

Trying to teach a pig to sing can annoy the pig because it may feel frustrated or stressed from being forced to do something that is not natural or enjoyable for it. Pigs are intelligent animals and may become agitated if they feel like they are being pushed to do something they cannot do.

4. Is it possible to teach a pig to sing?

No, it is not possible to teach a pig to sing. While pigs are known for their intelligence and ability to learn tricks, singing requires a level of vocal control and range that pigs simply do not possess.

5. What can we learn from the phrase "Never try to teach a pig to sing"?

The phrase "Never try to teach a pig to sing" serves as a reminder that we should not waste our time and effort trying to change someone who is not capable or willing to change. Instead, we should focus our energy on things that are achievable and productive.